Royal Caribbean in San Juan

crischickie

I will be on the LoS next week and one of the port of calls is San Juan. I checked and LoS will be the only ship "in town" that day.

Does RCI only use their pier, or, is there a chance that we'll dock at one of the piers in Old San Juan (downtown) since we are the only ones in town?

If RCI only uses their pier, is there an easy way to get to Old San Juan other than taxi?

I checked the San Juan port board and similar questions were asked but no answers were provided. Not as much traffic on that board.

You'll be docking in downtown Old San Juan for the day at one of these piers (1 - 6). You can just walk off the ship and the shops, restaurants, etc. are right there. Plenty of taxi's right there too.

Cruise ships departing out of San Juan for the week use the Pan American piers which is about a 15-20 min. cab ride away from downtown so you will not be using those piers.

You'll be docking in downtown Old San Juan for the day at one of these piers (1 - 6). You can just walk off the ship and the shops, restaurants, etc. are right there. Plenty of taxi's right there too.

Cruise ships departing out of San Juan for the week use the Pan American piers which is about a 15-20 min. cab ride away from downtown so you will not be using those piers.

That's good news. That's what I wanted to hear.

Thanks!

I am leaving on Adventure of the Seas Jan 2010. The departure time is 8:30 pm. What time can you board?

Thank you,

We have sailed Adventure 3 times. They usually start boarding between 11AM-noon. However, since they no longer require everyone who is leaving the ship in the morning to be out of their cabins by 8AM, the cabins are not available to you until 1-2PM. So plan on having to keep whatever you carry on to the ship with you until that time. It did make lunch in the Windjammer a bit of a pain with all the carry on luggage in there.

I will be on the LoS next week and one of the port of calls is San Juan. I checked and LoS will be the only ship "in town" that day.

Does RCI only use their pier, or, is there a chance that we'll dock at one of the piers in Old San Juan (downtown) since we are the only ones in town?

If RCI only uses their pier, is there an easy way to get to Old San Juan other than taxi?

I checked the San Juan port board and similar questions were asked but no answers were provided. Not as much traffic on that board.

DW and I are not biggies into history, but thoroughly enjoyed the Fort Cristobal tour.

Whatever you do it will be great.

Archived