Imagination after Miracle?

jinxnb

I'm considering an August sailing on the Imagination that has one sea day and stops in Key West and Cozumel. Is this ship awful? My first cruise was on the Miracle...will the Imagination turn me off from Carnival? Advice, please!

Open to any feedback on the Imagination at all!

I like Ecstasy better than the Conquest. Better service, which folks just say well its coincidence ... more than once. Staff gets all sorts of awards, great CD, doesnt have the big screen at the pool, so its quiet to read a book.

Fewer different choices to eat, but I eat all I can anyway??

I dont know why you might not like the Imagination, but I find the smaller ships to be enjoyable and easier to get around on. Some prefer larger ships and some dont ... I think you would know better than us which you would prefer.

PS Imgination is the same class as Ecstasy, so Im assuming they would be similar, just different decor ...

I haven't been on the Imagination, but I'm keeping an eye on the reviews section here:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=9

We will be on the Imagination Nov 2010. I've been on the Miracle and will be on the Spirit twice before this one. I'm interested to see what it's like compared to those ships.

I think if you go in understanding that it is not the newest/largest ship and the atmosphere is probably a bit different than longer cruises you'll have a good time. Heck, I'm a balcony snob and I've booked a 4A in the very front of the ship just to try it! I'm planning on enjoying this cruise. :)

I think I can offer an opinion here, having been on Miracle- which, to that sailing was the "smallest" ship we had been on - then recently having recently sailed on the Fantasy, which is the same class ship as Imagination. Believe it or not, we enjoyed Fantasy more than Miracle. Found it easier to navigate (though some of the elevator signage inside the elevator was confusing). We definitely enjoyed the water works area over the single slide on Miracle. Dining area/chocolate buffet was smaller on Fantasy, but this is one of the "older" ships, so we expected that. Found Fantasy very cozy - we had our first Cat. 12 suite - usually have a regular balcony. The suite had plenty of room for the 4 of us. (U97) Otherwise, they are both great ships, in my mind, and I wouldn't hesitate to sail either again. (though I still prefer the "larger" ship classes)

The only problem with the older ships like Fascination and Imagination is there are very few balcony cabins...and for me...I am used to having a balcony cabin and now would never book any cabin but a balcony cabin...so my answer is...if you like cabins with square windows or inside cabins, then you will like ships like Fascination.

I love the Imagination ,especially since the makeover, will be on her for the 3rd time in Oct

I don't like balconies...so that is no biggie for me

Imagination has great service....and is highly rated by cruisers....

did you know that Imagination has never been "shipped" around to other ports?

It started here in Miami and has been here for years ....and years

it started with 7 night cruises, then 5 and 4 night...now 4 and 3 night

but still in the same port

This means that they do have some staff who have been on this ship for years

and also that they seem to get a good priority on docking at the ports

The service has been great on Imagination

and it actually seems less crowded than the larger ships I have been on

especially at the buffets

No it doesn't have a seafood grill or a specialty restaurant but for 3 or 4 nights

you sure won't go hungry

One of the best places is the Serenity Deck...padded loungers...over 21 only

and they actually had HOT hot tubs

Enjoy

Archived