Several questions about Star to Mexico in Nov

darleen1421

My friend and I are sailing on the Star to Mexican Riviera Nov 7. I am curious about the weather. Also we are in an inside room, do all rooms have hair dryers and refrigerators? Are there DVD players with the TV? Any favorite excursions? Do we tender at any port other than Cabo San Lucas? Thanks in advance for your help. I have never sailed Norwegian before, so I have some things I am not sure of.

We normally during February. Weather will be a little rough for the first day out of LA. By the time you get out 36hours, temps will be in the 80-85. Hair dyers & frigs, yes to both. No DVD's from inside to minisuite. Suites and above yes. Depending on how many ships are in Puerto Vallarta, yes. Out of the last 3 cruises there, 2 of the 3 we tendered. Just remember Freestyle, doesn't mean its free. Its your choice of eating when and where you want. If you wish to pay for some high end food, yes you will pay anything from $10-$25 depending on the restrauant. A lot of ships have this option now. And currently a $12.00 per day service charge for each adult. This is to cover tips for the stwards, waiters, etc.:)

My friend and I are sailing on the Star to Mexican Riviera Nov 7. I am curious about the weather.

Average Nov. weather is 85.

Also we are in an inside room, do all rooms have hair dryers and refrigerators?

Yes, they have both

Are there DVD players with the TV?

No unless in a suite as stated in the above post.

Any favorite excursions?

I really enjoyed the tequila factory excursion in PV. through the cruise line. I have friends there and I usually just spend time with them. I was unable to go on my excursion to Stone Island in Maz. but my friends who went had great fun and a fabulous meal there at Victors of wonderful shrimp and Margarita's.

Do we tender at any port other than Cabo San Lucas?

I have never tendered in Maz or PV but only in Cabo. I think it MAY have something to do with how many ships are there at one time but don't quote me.;)

Thanks in advance for your help. I have never sailed Norwegian before, so I have some things I am not sure of.

Ask away.. someone here will be able to answer your questions.

Happy sails. :)

The only thing I can answer for you that hasn't already been mentioned is one of our most favorite excursions we have ever taken was in P.V.. It was the Las Caletas Hideaway. It was a great day. It's a very pretty location and the buffet lunch was very good. It's a bit expensive at $95.00 PP, but to us, well worth it.

The only thing I can answer for you that hasn't already been mentioned is one of our most favorite excursions we have ever taken was in P.V.. It was the Las Caletas Hideaway. It was a great day. It's a very pretty location and the buffet lunch was very good. It's a bit expensive at $95.00 PP, but to us, well worth it.

A friend recommended this excursion to me but my DH said it looked like a luau in Mexico! And he hated the luau in Hawaii we went to. Does it seem like a hokey tourist place or is it really fun?

My DW and I were on the Star in November 2007. At that time the port were Acapulco, Ziahuatenjo, Puerto Vallarta, and Cabo San Lucas. We had previously been on the Sapphire Princess on the current itinerary. We like PV so much we'll be spending a week there this November. It's our thirtieth anniversary.

There are many things to do in PV; it all depends on what you like doing. Seeing that you will only be there for one day, I would recommend something along the lines of a city and tequila tour. You'll see some of the highlights and the tour will be more varied. That is what we did our first-go-around. You could simply catch a cab into the heart of the city and stroll as well, walk the river walk, eat great food, shop the stores.

I guess I'd have to recommend something similar in Cabo and Mazatlan. We hired a driver in Mazatlan and he took us all over the place relatively inexpensively. There are tours to some colonial towns from both Mazatlan and PV, those are a special experience if you are at all into antiquities and architecture. you can get all over Cabo on foot for the most part. You could take a boat around Neptune's finger and the vicinity of the arch from the dock area.

Just do something different and experience Mexico, especially in Mazatlan and PV. Cabo is much more 'tourista'.

i have been to the MR 3 times on the STAR....GOOD TIMEs...you will LOVE the RELAXED laid-back NO PRESSURE of FREESTYLE!!

in PV swim with the dolphins

in Mazatalan Randis Horses (stone island)

in Cabo take water taxi to Arches/Lovers Beach

YOU WILL HAVE a GREAT TIME....YOU ARE ON A CRUISE....ENJOY:)

A friend recommended this excursion to me but my DH said it looked like a luau in Mexico! And he hated the luau in Hawaii we went to. Does it seem like a hokey tourist place or is it really fun?

Oh no.. I would never say it was like a luau to me at all. Once you get there, you have the lunch that is offered, then every one goes and does their own thing. Some explore the tropical jungle like area with all the birds, etc, some go to the beach, some go and snorkel, etc etc. I'm kind of strange about this, but what I did was sit at the dining tables right by the beach and just soaked up all the beauty of the jungle, beach, etc. I people watched and what I really had a blast doing was watching all the crabs on the rock wall. It was so funny to watch them. It may not be for every one, as some people want excitment, etc. It was a very relaxing day for us. Oh and we got to see several whales up close and personal, so to speak, from the boat on the way over. You could so easily tell the tour guides on the boat are so proud of their home city/area/ bay and most of all the "beautiful darlings" as they called the whales.

Archived