Will I be disappointed going from Voyager class to Grandeur?

I have been on the Adventurer, Explorer and Navigator and now am going on the Grandeuur. Do you think it will be disappointing going from this class of ship? I am going on the Grandeur because it leaves from Baltimore this summer and is convienient to drive to the port.

HI,

We did both classes of ships...

Grandeur first, then the Explorer

Each has its own "feel"

Grandeur is very nice and the captain is young, personable and very handsome

Took kids on the Explorer and they say they LOVED it and want to go only on the BIG boats!

We are trying the Jewel this November

I like to try different classes.....

So far none has been a disappointment....

Kay

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;11;28;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until we sail away on the Jewel of the Seas

I don't think you want to focus on the differences in classes of ships. No doubt they are different. You just won't have all the choices and options that you have on a Voyager Class ship. But you can still have a great time. We went on the Grandeur after being on larger class ships and actually enjoyed the cruise. We found great service and there seemed to be less crowded public areas even though the ship was full.

I don't think you will be disappointed. I have been on Voyager and Grandeur(twice) and I prefer the Grandeur for the beauty of the ship, great service and more relaxed "feel" to the cruise. I think it depends if you really want or need the extras on Voyager like ice-skating, rock-climbing, etc.. Lots of folks love the Promenade on Voyager. I would rather see the ocean. Hope you enjoy your cruise! icon_smile.gif

To some extent your disappointment of lack of disappointment will depend on your attitude. If you go on the Grandeur expecting to be disappointed, you will, simply because that is your mindset. If you go on the Grandeur with an open mind you should have a great time. I have sailed on the Grandeur and on Voyager class ships and would sail on any of them again. The other consideration is how you view the cruise in general. Some people consider the ship the focal point of the cruise and don't care about anything else. Other consider the ports they are visiting to be of greater importance than the ship. In your case you need to give the Grandeur some extra points because she is saving you the hassle of flying to another city to go on your cruise.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;3;19;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Donuts, is there anything they can't do....

We sailed the Explorer first and then the Grandeur last year. We much preferred the Grandeur. It is a beautiful ship and to us had a cozier feel. The Explorer was beautiful too, but we thought a little too big.

5/30/04 Serenade of the Seas to Alaska

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;30;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Depends on what you want. Grandeur is less crowded-feeling and more in connection with the sea. Voyager is ship-oriented; sometimes I think you might as well be in a hotel for all the "sea" feel you get.

I prefer the smaller ships. They have many of the same activities on a smaller scale and I feel like I'm on a voyage rather than in a hotel. But it's all what you like.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;10;17;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

until sailaway on Legend of the Seas

I've been on Sovereign multiple times and three different Voyager class ships and was not at all disappointed about a smaller (or older) ship. As others have mentioned they all seem to have their own personality.

And I "strongly" agree about having the proper attitude when boarding. I've seen people who just want to be miserable (and complain) and others who are as happy as a lark to be aboard.

I also look forward to trying other classifications, but with two of my favorite ships less than an hour from my house (Mariner & Sovereign) it makes the decision making process a whole lot easier.

Summer, I have been on both ships, and will sail on the Grandeur again especially since she leaves out of Baltimore now. I will also sail on the Voyager again from NJ. Both ships are beautiful and you will have a great time; you are on a cruise.

Valerie

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;7;18;21;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until Adventure of the Seas (St Lucia/Antigua.......

Grandeur of the Seas 6/00

Voyager of the Seas 6/02

Adventure of the Seas 7/18/2004

cat3.gif

We were on the Adventure last May, then for Christmas we booked the LOS. I was very pleasantly surprised.And since we were on a 10 day cruise my worries that I would be bored was unfounded. Do not worry, you will have a great time. icon_biggrin.gif

My vacation pics

http://community.webshots.com/user/abridalmaven

Norwegian Dawn May 23

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;5;23;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I have not been on a Voyager-Class ship yet, but I have been on Grandeur. This was a great ship. We have a wonderful cruise. Last year we went on Nordic Empress (now Empress of the Seas) and I was a little nervous because this ship was quite a bit smaller than Grandeur. We had an awesome time and really enjoyed the more cozy feel of the ship. So I would say you should still have a great time and the ship experience will just be different than that of a Voyager ship. Have fun and don't worry.

12/95 Big Red Boat

5/97 Carnival Inspiration

9/97 Carnival Imagination

11/01 Grandeur of the Seas

2/02 Celebrity Century

10/02 Majesty of the Seas

1/03 Nordic Empress

5/03 Enchantment of the Seas

11/03 Celebrity Century

9/04 Fascination

12/04 Radiance of the Seas

The Grandeur is a great ship. Not my favorite, but not bad by any means icon_smile.gif We had a great group of passengers on that cruise. We made a lot of friends and had awesome tablemates. The service was alos exceptional.

We sailed the Adventure and then weny to the Majesty. Major size difference, but we still loved the cruise.

I think I had a negative attitude a little regarding the Grandeur though. We booked a guarantee and wound up with a bad room. I know the chances you take booking a guarantee icon_frown.gif

We were sailing out of New Orleans when we took the Grandeur cruise. We did a two night pre cruise stay there. I fell in love with New Orleans and didn't want to get on the ship. There was just so much stuff I still wanted to see in the city.

Anyways I took pictures, use the link in my signature to see them.

icon_smile.gif Bobbie

<MARQUEE>Voyager of the Seas in....

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=006400&cdt=2004;5;16;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 </MARQUEE>

Adventure of the Seas 2-03

Enchantment of the Seas 3-03

Majesty of the Seas 5-03

Adventure of the Seas 9-03

Sovereign of the Seas 11-03

Sovereign of the Seas 1-04

Grandeur of the Seas 3-04

My albums can be viewed with this link...

http://public.fotki.com/bobbie0253/

Did Grandeur 5 yrs. ago was newest at the time, I loved it. When your on the main level, on both sides of ship, you can see the ocean moving. I liked that insted of being closed in on the Vos, in which we are sailing again for 2nd time.

Archived