Celebration, Post cards

We are going on our first cruise on the celebration later in the month. What do people normally do about postcards to send home. Do you buy stamps on Celebration and then post them somewhere on the ship , if so is that a more expensive way than buying the stamps ashore and posting the cards in a local post box. If you buy stamps in Crete can you use them to post cards in Athens , or does every Greek Island have their own stamps.

Weather lovely today in the south and predicted to remain the same for a few days. The weather in Corfu on the 5 day forecast doesn't look that good , maybe I should have booked for Lundy Island instead.

We are going on our first cruise on the celebration later in the month. What do people normally do about postcards to send home. Do you buy stamps on Celebration and then post them somewhere on the ship , if so is that a more expensive way than buying the stamps ashore and posting the cards in a local post box. If you buy stamps in Crete can you use them to post cards in Athens , or does every Greek Island have their own stamps.

Weather lovely today in the south and predicted to remain the same for a few days. The weather in Corfu on the 5 day forecast doesn't look that good , maybe I should have booked for Lundy Island instead.

We usually buy cards and stamps on shore, write them whilst having a coffee somewhere and then post them before getting back on board. Alternatively, buy your cards one day, write them on board and buy the stamps at your next port and post them there. I BELIEVE (but don't take this as definite) that if you ask for Euro stamps they are valid across the EU. I've tried a search for postage rates but think perhaps you can even buy Euro stamps in the UK before leaving - but perhaps not as I can't find reference to it on the P.O. site. :eek: I'll investigate that one as I'll find it very useful for my next trip too. ;)

When we bought cards and stamps on board, we found them a bit limited in choice and it took a long time for them to arrive. Having said that, it's not uncommon to get home a week before the cards!!!

But enjoy your trip - it's a great itinerary and a very welcoming and friendly ship.

I think ships/ post abroad is like this country some you win some you lose ....as we allways post our cards on board and found that 90% of our cards last year on celebration 2 weeks cruise made it back to the uk before us lol. we allways buy stamps on board as well i personaly found that reception allways had a good selection of stamps for each country we was in each day and i KNOW that the post left out ship every single morn... have the best of times on your cruise. :D

Archived