Samantha Brown DVD

jmcancruise

Got mine today, as it turns out

I just got mine in the mail today, yeah! :) It took quite awhile to get here, totally forgot about ordering one to tell you the truth!:D

Kath

You guys have got to be kidding... ( :) )

CANADA also!!

Something fishy is going on here --- perhaps the discs are produced there. I thought, living in FLORIDA (you know, where CARNIVAL is based) might give us a edge in getting the disc first!

Tom

You guys have got to be kidding... ( :) )

CANADA also!!

Something fishy is going on here --- perhaps the discs are produced there. I thought, living in FLORIDA (you know, where CARNIVAL is based) might give us a edge in getting the disc first!

Tom

Just checked and the postage is US and it mailed from zip code 60191 (Wood dale, ILL)

Also got mine today. The letter comes from Carnival Miami, postmark is the same as above US 60191, but if you check on the back of the dvd package it says made in Canada. Wow, aren't we the lucky ones. I think I ordered it about 6 weeks ago,not sure, but I forgot about it until it came. Can't wait to watch it.:D:D

So - out of the blue... two people have received it - AND THEY BOTH LIVE IN CANADA!!!

'splain that one to me Lucy!

Tom

What's wrong with us Canadians. Do you have a problem withus spending our funny money to help out the economy of the U.S.

What's wrong with us Canadians. Do you have a problem withus spending our funny money to help out the economy of the U.S.

LOL - well, with THAT - I certainly have no problem. ;)

HOWEVER - THIS was a FREE DVD!! :eek:

:D

Tom

I was referring to the cruise. There are a lot of Cdns traveling to many destinations in the states. What about all the snowbirds coming to your state of Florida. Take all the Cdns out of Florida from Nov to April and what happens to your tourism. Just a thought. Don't want to get anyone angry. :rolleyes:

I was referring to the cruise. There are a lot of Cdns traveling to many destinations in the states. What about all the snowbirds coming to your state of Florida. Take all the Cdns out of Florida from Nov to April and what happens to your tourism. Just a thought. Don't want to get anyone angry. :rolleyes:

And you may be over-reacting. Just a thought. Don't want to get your snowbird feathers ruffled...

True --- I was just having some good-natured fun!

Some of our best CC cruise buddies are from the great white north! Though she wants to go to CUBA in February instead of on the Dream with us. :eek: At least they are going to be DREAMING with us next Thanksgiving (US Turkey day that is)! :D

Tom

oops, I started a new thread after I didn't notice this one. Mine came today, too! Yup, another Canuck. It's nice to finally have something we've qualified for (most contests on CC are restricted) and to get it quicker is a nice treat.

• 3 weeks later...
We rec'd ours yesterday as well. Can't say I was real impressed with it.

I enjoyed her first one more than this (Freedom) one. We saw this one months ago when it aired -- the DVD will likely stay in the shrink wrap for months!

Tom

If it's the one with Samantha Brown on the Carnival Freedom, I got mine yesterday, and watched it last night. I liked that she had her Mom and friends along. It is an itinerary we have yet to do, so I mostly was interested in the ports. Like others, I had forgotten I even requested one.

As I watched it, I wondered what must it be like to take a cruise without having to give thought to the cost of the drinks, excursions, spa treatments? Wonder how much in on board charges the group racked up during the cruise? Any guesses for those that have seen it?

I would imagine she didn't have to pay a penny. My guess is what she would have had to pay for her own account would be about a thousand.

I recall some folks on the boards not liking the episode because they thought she was snotty toward Carnival so we were looking for that as we watched. I didn't see anything like that onscreen. Did this observation refer to the first one and not this episode? I thought she did a good job of showing how fun cruising is and how various ages can have fun.

I would imagine she didn't have to pay a penny. My guess is what she would have had to pay for her own account would be about a thousand.

I recall some folks on the boards not liking the episode because they thought she was snotty toward Carnival so we were looking for that as we watched. I didn't see anything like that onscreen. Did this observation refer to the first one and not this episode? I thought she did a good job of showing how fun cruising is and how various ages can have fun.

Yes, I think there was criticism on the episode where she took a cruise on the Inspiration.

Got mine today!!! YAY! Physical therapy on the way (total knee replacement 2 weeks ago), then off to dr. to get staples out :eek: (all 33 of them!), then a nap (will need that for sure) then pop some corn and watch Sam!!!

Hope everyone else starts getting theirs, too.

Archived