Transportation Houston to Galveston

Cruise4Jesus

• 2 months later...

I just talked to Tropical Taxi (Galveston's new cab company) and they said they can't pick up at the airport...they can only "start" in Galveston. They can take us from the ship to the airport. Cost is $160 for a group of four from the ship to Houston Bush airport.

We are a party of four arriving transatlantic in Galveston Sunday 21st nov on RCI Voyager. We are staying in Galveston for two nights post cruise and have hired a car from Enterprise for one day, one way rental to get to Houston(IAH), estimated cost of $57. Only down side is Sunday is the cruise ship turnaround day, Enterprise closed Sunday!

Some friends just told me about TexasAirportCar dot com....Great service and reasonable pricing. Think we are going to use them for our Jan. cruise.

do you happen to know where your friends have been picked up at the airport?

I've contacted them and I was told I would have to call them from the airport and go outside to meet our car

They would charge extra costs for meeting us after customs which I find te be too expensive as all other companies I've contacted would have their chauffeur waiting for us in the terminal, holding a sign with our name on it.. which is very convenient after a loooooong transatlantic flight!!!

Thank you so much in advance for any feedback you might have!

Toonye

do you happen to know where your friends have been picked up at the airport?

I've contacted them and I was told I would have to call them from the airport and go outside to meet our car

They would charge extra costs for meeting us after customs which I find te be too expensive as all other companies I've contacted would have their chauffeur waiting for us in the terminal, holding a sign with our name on it.. which is very convenient after a loooooong transatlantic flight!!!

Thank you so much in advance for any feedback you might have!

Toonye

When they landed they called the driver. He was waiting outside where the limo/towncar area is in the baggage area. There are signs that direct you. She said they were charged a flat rate of 135.00 each way. Nothing was said about additional costs.

Ginag,

Thank you so much for your feedback, that really does help!

This site is really unvaluable :)

Enjoy the week-end,

Toonye

You are very welcome! I did forget to mention that they opted for a towncar...very nice!

Enjoy your cruise!

I must say that I don't understand why it's so expensive and so difficult to get from Houston Hobby to the Port of Galveston. I've checked several transportation services and they're either ridiculously expensive or they're operating on such a "shoestring" and limitations that I wouldn't count on them :(. I have no intention of waiting until we get there to book transportation, as some of the sites advertise :eek:.

We don't want to rent a car and drive, all we want to do is go from HOU or Hampton Inn Houston Airport to the Galveston port for a reasonable amount of $$$ with a company that has a good reputation.

Help!!!! :D

• 5 weeks later...
You are very welcome! I did forget to mention that they opted for a towncar...very nice!

Enjoy your cruise!

Hi Gina,

We're back from our -wonderful!- cruise on the Voyager.

Just wanted to thank you for your advice and let you know that everything went smooth with TexasAirportCar

As planned, we called as soon as we arrived and did not wait more than 5/8 min

the only downside is our poor driver had been waiting for hours outside the airport as they don't monitor the flights apparently....ours was delayed by more than 40 minutes but he did not get the info

We, too, were charged 135$ flat to Galveston, to which we added a tip (I gave him 150$, hope this was fine, we're not used to tip as extensively in Europe! as least he didn't complained or became rude!!)

We had a very nice , new SUV

I would recommend them too but would consider renting a car for a next trip, that was an easy ride. I felt a bit ovecharged for a 1-hour ride:rolleyes:

Toonye

Hi Gina,

We're back from our -wonderful!- cruise on the Voyager.

Just wanted to thank you for your advice and let you know that everything went smooth with TexasAirportCar

As planned, we called as soon as we arrived and did not wait more than 5/8 min

the only downside is our poor driver had been waiting for hours outside the airport as they don't monitor the flights apparently....ours was delayed by more than 40 minutes but he did not get the info

We, too, were charged 135$ flat to Galveston, to which we added a tip (I gave him 150$, hope this was fine, we're not used to tip as extensively in Europe! as least he didn't complained or became rude!!)

We had a very nice , new SUV

I would recommend them too but would consider renting a car for a next trip, that was an easy ride. I felt a bit ovecharged for a 1-hour ride:rolleyes:

Toonye

Thank you for reporting back! Glad things worked out with TexasAiportCar and that you enjoyed your cruise! I know when we were in Galveston in Jan. we were charged 166.00 + tip (each way) for a taxi to and from Galveston. Sometimes the convenience is worth the extra money.

Take Care!:)

Archived