Drinks on board

lula58

This is for anyone that has cruised on the Celebrity Solstice Line of ships. How much is a normal drink and can you buy wine or hard liquor in their shop and drink it in your room?(anyone is welcome to answer :-)

This is for anyone that has cruised on the Celebrity Solstice Line of ships. How much is a normal drink and can you buy wine or hard liquor in their shop and drink it in your room?(anyone is welcome to answer :-)

Sorry, I missed the Celebrity Solstice part.

I did not mean to sound so selective with my question. I assume most ships are about the same...so to anyone...what is the approximate cost for a simple drink and how much is a bottle of Vodka, for example? Thanks, we are trying to decide about a rum runner.:rolleyes:

I did not mean to sound so selective with my question. I assume most ships are about the same...so to anyone...what is the approximate cost for a simple drink and how much is a bottle of Vodka, for example? Thanks, we are trying to decide about a rum runner.:rolleyes:

Liquor is expensive on most of the ships. $3-4 for beer, $6 and up for mixed drinks. But only a couple..maybe even fewer..will allow you to buy a bottle of liquor on board, and drink it in your cabin (and none will allow you to buy it, mix drinks in your room, and carry them around on the ship).

Selling liquor is one way ...usually the biggest way...cruise lines make money, and are able to keep the costs down for other things. And controlling folks so they don't drink to excess is easiest when they have to come to a bar to order a drink (or so the cruise line suggests).

You know of course that rum runners may work, and some folks have been successful smuggling booze in through their luggage..but it really is frowned upon. :o

Beer starts at around $6 per glass, wine starts at $7 and goes up. Mixed drinks can start at $5.75 for the drink of the day and go up quite a bit higher. No, you cannot purchase alcohol in their on board shops and bring them back to your cabin. They store all purchases and give them to you the last night of the cruise. If you purchase bottles in ports, again they will take them and store them until the end of the cruise.

Liquor is expensive on most of the ships. $3-4 for beer, $6 and up for mixed drinks. But only a couple..maybe even fewer..will allow you to buy a bottle of liquor on board, and drink it in your cabin (and none will allow you to buy it, mix drinks in your room, and carry them around on the ship).

Selling liquor is one way ...usually the biggest way...cruise lines make money, and are able to keep the costs down for other things. And controlling folks so they don't drink to excess is easiest when they have to come to a bar to order a drink (or so the cruise line suggests).

You know of course that rum runners may work, and some folks have been successful smuggling booze in through their luggage..but it really is frowned upon. :o

I don't know what type establishment that you buy drinks at, but they are cheaper than most moderate priced restaurants unless you only buy during happy hour.

I don't understand why a lot of people are concerned about the price of drinks. If one is concerned with the price of drinks, maybe you should stop drinking since you cannot afford it. The cruise prices for wine and drinks are less than what you would pay in a nice restaurant.

I don't know what type establishment that you buy drinks at, but they are cheaper than most moderate priced restaurants unless you only buy during happy hour.

I don't understand why a lot of people are concerned about the price of drinks. If one is concerned with the price of drinks, maybe you should stop drinking since you cannot afford it. The cruise prices for wine and drinks are less than what you would pay in a nice restaurant.

Actually I'm not at ALL concerned about the price of drinks on board a cruise ship, and indeed am not the OP. I don't smuggle booze on board, spend at least my share at the bars (love those martini's!) and make sure that I budget enough extra cash when I cruise to pay for any/all liquor on board.

For the record -- at my local bar, the most expensive beer is $2.75 / bottle; most expensive mixed drink is $3.00, some specialty single-malt scotch is $5.

Archived