Can I go on "standby" for a cabin that sleeps 4?

tikibeach

Three of us are booked ES in a balcony cabin, which sleeps 3. We would like to add a fourth person, but with the ship filling up, the few available balconies left are very expensive now. I'm wondering if some might become available on payment deadline day and if we'd keep our current ES rate with a "sideways" cabin change like this. Anyone know?

Only the person booking you can find out that answer as it varys. During the summer for instance they wouldnt let 3 book a cabin for 4, but often other times of the year they will allow it. Its not a yes or no answer. You should be allowed a sideways or upgrade without paying any fees, just cant downgrade.

It is very possible that some reservations will cancel because they cannot come up with the money for the final payment.

I do not know if there is a standby list - ask your TA or Carnival if they do. You can always call each day as the final deadline approaches.

One thing to think about is the fourth passenger may not qualify for the ES rates because they did not book "early" - although 4th passenger rates are generally not that much, it could complicate matters, so best to check with the TA or Carnival.

Archived