Questions about bermuda and N spirit--MY FIRST CRUISE

cruiselover85

where do you purchase the 3 day pass in bermuda, and what areas of travel does that include?

once the cruise is docked in bermuda, when you want to reboard the ship, is security always there to check what you are bringing on? Besides alcohol, are there any limitations to what you can bring on?

also for the additional charges at specialty restaurants and the alike, is that the price per restaurant/activity, per day, or for the entire time you are on board?

i have other questions, that i will ask later. For now I will leave it at this. I am about to get off work now, and im rushing as I am typing. lol:D Ill be back later as I have many questions to ask.... This is my first cruise and im both nervous and excited!!

where do you purchase the 3 day pass in bermuda, and what areas of travel does that include? Sorry, I can't help with this one. But others here will post what you need to know, I'm sure.

once the cruise is docked in bermuda, when you want to reboard the ship, is security always there to check what you are bringing on? Besides alcohol, are there any limitations to what you can bring on? from the NCL FAQ page:

Passenger is not allowed to bring on board the vessel any intoxicating liquors, or beverages, firearms, weapons of any kind, ammunition, explosive substances or any goods of a dangerous nature, nor animals of any kind, except service or guide animals, provided the passenger notifies Carrier prior to the cruise of his intention to bring such animal and agrees to take sole responsibility for any expense, damage, injuries or losses associated with or caused by such animal.

Note that you can bring wine on board....$15 per liter corkage fee, and you can drink it anywhere on the ship.

also for the additional charges at specialty restaurants and the alike, is that the price per restaurant/activity, per day, or for the entire time you are on board? The charge for the specialty restaurants is per person per meal. Only one entree is officially allowed for that charge, but many report here that they have been able to get two entrees in some specialty restaurants. Charges for activities such as the Martini tasting are per person per event.

i have other questions, that i will ask later. For now I will leave it at this. I am about to get off work now, and im rushing as I am typing. lol:D Ill be back later as I have many questions to ask.... This is my first cruise and im both nervous and excited!!

Have a great cruise....you might want to check this excellent post for more "newbie" information:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=852599

where do you purchase the 3 day pass in bermuda, and what areas of travel does that include?

once the cruise is docked in bermuda, when you want to reboard the ship, is security always there to check what you are bringing on? Besides alcohol, are there any limitations to what you can bring on?

also for the additional charges at specialty restaurants and the alike, is that the price per restaurant/activity, per day, or for the entire time you are on board?

The three day bus pass is available as you get off the ship and go through the customs building it is at the visitor center.

I believe you can also purchase a two or one day bus/ferry pass. When are you sailing? I think there is only one SPIRIT to BERMUDA out of Boston sailing left for the 2009 season...if you are going on 9/18...there is a ROLL CALL BOARD that you might want to join at this link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=879480&page=16

There has been a MEET & GREET set up for Saturday at HENRY's PUB on Deck 7 from 10:00-11:00 am for this ROLL CALL GROUP.

Debjo

The bus passes can also be purchased at Heritage Wharf. When you enter the building after leaving the ship, the desk is to your left.

The bus pass is good for all ferries and busses on the island and is $28 for a three-day pass. An excellent value. (The one-day pass is $12 and a two-day is $20.)

HTH

thanks guys for your helpful replies..

Here are a few more questions:

How long are the pools open on the ship?

can you use a regular suitcase as a carryon? I don't feel comfortable having to wait a period of up to an hour to receive my luggage at my door. Plus i don't like the fact that it is left unattended.

are the restaurants open 24 hrs or do they close early? I heard they shut down the fountain machines early and its recommended that you have a water bottle to fill it up and store it in your room's fridge.

I want to dress up and i don't want to be one of the only few dressed up, so I was wondering if there are special events just for those who like to dress more formally.

Does the ship supply beach towels, or is it recommended to bring one with you?

also the edocs (the ones you print out), your birth certficate, and id/drivers license are the only forms of id that you need to board the ship, right? Im just recently reading that people are being sent their documents in the mail, and I didn't do that. i hope that isn't mandatory , because if not, I am certainly screwed...

anybody know what restuarants serve bermuda's infamous codfish and potatoes, as well as the cassava pie? I keep hearing that both of these dishes are delicious--as well as the rockfish. I want to try it all !!lol

i actually had even more questions on my mind at the time I first made this post-- but now my mind draws a blank. when it comes back i will post.. thanks for that rollcall report... i wouldn't mind doing a meetup with others..

thanks guys for your helpful replies..

Here are a few more questions:

How long are the pools open on the ship? Usually to just after sundown

can you use a regular suitcase as a carryon? I don't feel comfortable having to wait a period of up to an hour to receive my luggage at my door. Plus i don't like the fact that it is left unattended. Limit the size of your suitcase to what most airlines allow, your suitcase will have to fit through a x-ray machine.

are the restaurants open 24 hrs or do they close early? I heard they shut down the fountain machines early and its recommended that you have a water bottle to fill it up and store it in your room's fridge. Not every restaurant will be open all day or night. On the Spirit, Raffles buffet will be open much of the day, and the Blue Lagoon will be open all day and night.

Also, free room service is available 24 hours a day. I suggest packing the small glass size packages of Crystal Light if you need a non-alcholic beverage. Also, only the suites on the Spirit have fridges.

I want to dress up and i don't want to be one of the only few dressed up, so I was wondering if there are special events just for those who like to dress more formally. There will be a "dress up or not night" at least once on a week long cruise, sometimes twice. More of your fellow passengers will dress up on the first "dress up or not night".

Does the ship supply beach towels, or is it recommended to bring one with you? Yes, the Spirit has a supply beach towels.

also the edocs (the ones you print out), your birth certficate, and id/drivers license are the only forms of id that you need to board the ship, right? Im just recently reading that people are being sent their documents in the mail, and I didn't do that. i hope that isn't mandatory , because if not, I am certainly screwed...Make sure you have both on you for everyone in your party. You can use just your passport too.

anybody know what restuarants serve bermuda's infamous codfish and potatoes, as well as the cassava pie? I keep hearing that both of these dishes are delicious--as well as the rockfish. I want to try it all !!lol

Sorry, I'm not much help with this question.

i actually had even more questions on my mind at the time I first made this post-- but now my mind draws a blank. when it comes back i will post.. thanks for that rollcall report... i wouldn't mind doing a meetup with others..

I hope I answered most of your questions satisfactory. Have a great cruise!

Archived