Visa for Port Moresby

mrbinns

• 5 months later...

I can't answer but get the correct answer soon.

I believe earlier this year (OK, 2009) Carnival did a cruise with stops in Brazil. Those US passengers who didn't have the proper VISA for Brazil were not allowed to board the ship. No such thing as not getting the proper visa, but deciding to just not get off the ship in that port.

Same thing happens for those who have DWI's here in the US not being allowed to board a ship that stops in Canada. In Canada, a DWI is a serious felony. A US citizen with a DWI is not welcome in Canada.

Did you ever get an answer to this?

I will sail on Rhapsody in a few weeks, do passengers that stay on the ship need visa?

Roger

we sailed on the Rhapsody recently to Port Moresby. We had been advised by the ships people that they would supply a visa on board for anyone who needed on at about $50 US We managed to get our visas in Brisbane (only there and Canberra) for 37AUD per person so was pleased.

When we embarked on the cruise we had to fill in forms to prove we had visas as they would automatically get you a visa and charge your card unless you had one. This was done at a table before we were allowed to get on board and the same table is used for people to fill in the forms to get their visa from the ships personnel.:eek: Hope this is clear

Archived