Live from Mercury

STXCruisers

Doris could I ask you about the balcony of your SV room? What was above you and could people look down on your balcony from above? How was the view of the water from that balcony? I'm considering a cruise on the Mercury and love the aft balconies on the Royal Caribbean ships.

Also, do you happen to know if the couch in that room is comfortable to sleep on? My daughter and I will be sharing that room and I know the bed cannot be separated so one of us will have to sleep on the couch.

And is the a fridge in that room or any balcony rooms on the Mercury?

Thanks for the help.

Doris could I ask you about the balcony of your SV room? What was above you and could people look down on your balcony from above? How was the view of the water from that balcony? I'm considering a cruise on the Mercury and love the aft balconies on the Royal Caribbean ships.

Also, do you happen to know if the couch in that room is comfortable to sleep on? My daughter and I will be sharing that room and I know the bed cannot be separated so one of us will have to sleep on the couch.

And is the a fridge in that room or any balcony rooms on the Mercury?

Thanks for the help.

Hi Dixieva,:) all the cabins have fridges...albeit small ones;)

but they are there.

Thanks.

Do you know anything about the sofa bed in the SV rooms?

Your welcome:)

Sorry, I cannot help you with the SV room questions. I am sure

Doris will be back soon and will be glad to help:)

First, the sofa is not the best, but I slept on it and did OK. I like a firm bed. When it is open, it fills the second room pretty much. I have heard that others have requested a foam egg crate type topper for that sofa bed and were happier with that. I was able to find a comfortable place. The regular bed is just too narrow and also the person next to the wall would have to climb over the other person to get out. The verandah can be seen from above. There is a very narrow covered area and the rest is open. We had a lot of rain in Alaska, so we were not able to use it much then. However, we did leave the door open and enjoyed the wake and the sounds of the sea. There is a good deal of vibration back there from the rudder and thrusters, but it didn't bother me. DH was bothered some.

We paid $129 plus tax for our 8-night cruise for the t-pool. It is $35 per couple per use, so if you don't expect to use it much, that might be better. It was not open the day we sailed or on Saturday.

Dan, we loved the train. The view was beautiful. It was very clean and comfortable. We did not see any of the other CC folks on the train, though, and we were wearing our mardi gras beads!

The walk-off was kind of confusing. You could not take your luggage into the theater, but someone had to be in there to listen for announcements. I think it became something of a mess and they just let everyone go. I was in the theater and DH was in the outer hall with the bags. It was difficult to get back together with everyone scrambling to get off the ship. It WAS nice to have our things that last night, though, and we got a taxi immediatey upon disembarking.

Doris

Thanks for the info. Do you think this SV room is better than a balcony room on the side of the ship where you can seperate the beds?

Is one better than the other? Difficult to say. I am happy we were in the SV for our Alaska cruise. We wanted the aft cabin this time for the expanded view through the inside passage, which was great.

I am not sure we will take one of these cabins again because of the noise and vibration from the rudder and thrusters which bothered DH. The view of the wake was great and you can be on your balcony without being blown away. You should make your decision considering what is more important to you.

When the sofa bed is made out, it is very difficult to get past it to the balcony; but it is easy to slide in the bottom section of the sofa bed to allow for access. There is also an upper berth. I don't know if that would be helpful to you or not.

Hope this helps!

Doris

Archived