Mini suite is a suite when it suits NCL

scchasgal

I am booked in a mini suite (I know deluxe balcony :D) and I know this category does not get any suite benefits.

When I tried to use an upgrade certificate NCL told me mini is classified as a suite so it is excluded from upgrade certs.

I told her they need to make up their minds since when it suits them they classify it as a suite but not for anything suite perks.

Anyone else run into this?

I think that the reasoning is that on many ships there is only one or maybe two categories of mini suites so with an upgrade there is nothing to really upgrade those cabins to. With BA, OV and IS rooms there is several different categories to upgrade within.

I am thinking then that they should at least offer an OBC.

It's not that the Mini Suite is considered a "suite." It's because there is only 1 category of that cabin type. For instance, you can use the upgrade cert for anything within the Balcony Cabin category (for instance a BB to a BA) or anything within the OV category, etc. But, there is only one type of cabin in the "Mini-suite" category.

I would definitely try again. Good luck! :D

Yes it does and that is my original point, mini suites are not suites for anything else.

My point is, it excludes upgrading to a suite, or within suite categories therefore it doesn't matter whether they consider it a suite, or a deluxe balcony... where could you upgrade to?

Al

My point is, it excludes upgrading to a suite, or within suite categories therefore it doesn't matter whether they consider it a suite, or a deluxe balcony... where could you upgrade to?

Al

Then they are useless to anyone in an AG or above.

When I was upgraded to a "mini suite" on my last cruise on the Jade - I was besides myself, however was a wee bit disappointed when I saw the room (it was a lovely balcony room and nothing more). Listen I was happy with a balcony room but what exactly is the difference between a balcony and a "mini suite"?:o

When I was upgraded to a "mini suite" on my last cruise on the Jade - I was besides myself, however was a wee bit disappointed when I saw the room (it was a lovely balcony room and nothing more). Listen I was happy with a balcony room but what exactly is the difference between a balcony and a "mini suite"?:o

The cabin a larger about 80 sq ft and the balcony is larger 54 instead of 37 sq ft, that is it.

I thought I read somewhere (NCL site maybe?) that if you are in a suite, you can use your upgrade certificate for 100 dollar onboard credit. I was surprised when I read it because I sometimes threw mine away. Maybe it was something a while ago...Pictonite...where did you see it?

coka

I don't know why either since there could be someone sleeping on the sofa or the pullman in the balcony cabin.

Exactly my thinking...I know that my wife & I could have 'enjoyed' some of our cruises a bit more with just a tad more privacy (when our kids sailed with us) ;)

Yep! And I have 4 of those worthless certificates. I feel really rewarded by NCL and BOA for those! (NOT! In case anyone thought I was serious.)

I thought I read somewhere (NCL site maybe?) that if you are in a suite, you can use your upgrade certificate for 100 dollar onboard credit. I was surprised when I read it because I sometimes threw mine away. Maybe it was something a while ago...Pictonite...where did you see it? coka

They really should let you use them for some sort of onboard credit. And if they do, they should have let people know about this. I never saw it anywhere. Does anyone know if this is this something I can still do? Booked my suite a couple weeks ago, final payment isn't due for several weeks yet.

I am booked in a mini suite (I know deluxe balcony :D) and I know this category does not get any suite benefits.

When I tried to use an upgrade certificate NCL told me mini is classified as a suite so it is excluded from upgrade certs.

I told her they need to make up their minds since when it suits them they classify it as a suite but not for anything suite perks.

Anyone else run into this?

EDIT:.. Ok.. I get it now.. It is the notation on the cert that says only for balcony or below or not valid for suites, etc. Never mind.

Archived