Mini suite is a suite when it suits NCL

scchasgal

Yep! And I have 4 of those worthless certificates. I feel really rewarded by NCL and BOA for those! (NOT! In case anyone thought I was serious.)

They really should let you use them for some sort of onboard credit. And if they do, they should have let people know about this. I never saw it anywhere. Does anyone know if this is this something I can still do? Booked my suite a couple weeks ago, final payment isn't due for several weeks yet.

I thought I read it on the NCL site a few months ago...but could not find it when I went searching recently. I might have it confused with the worldpoints but I do remember when I saw it I thought the upgrade certificates were not as worthless as we all surmised them to be.

coka

I thought I read it on the NCL site a few months ago...but could not find it when I went searching recently. I might have it confused with the worldpoints but I do remember when I saw it I thought the upgrade certificates were not as worthless as we all surmised them to be.

coka

Hmm. Well if anyone else comes up with something more concrete to point me in the right direction, please let me know! Thanks. :o

Hmm. Well if anyone else comes up with something more concrete to point me in the right direction, please let me know! Thanks. :o

I called NCL again and the PCC I spoke to this time suggested I send the certificate in anyway with my ressy number etc on it. She said you never know what may happen you may end up with at the very least an OBC.

I am sending it in tomorrow registered mail so I know they get it I will let ya'll know what happens.

Well I only found an old one which has expired with no mention of onboard credit for suite. I will check my secret office file tomorrow and see if I have a newer one.

I did read just now on NCL's site under "Latitudes Past Guest Program" that they have "recent revisions to their program." No mention of suite guests getting 100 dollar obc. I am thinking this is where I read about it in the recent past. Whether I did or did not...it is not there now!

just call me crazy

coka?

Well I only found an old one which has expired with no mention of onboard credit for suite. I will check my secret office file tomorrow and see if I have a newer one.

I did read just now on NCL's site under "Latitudes Past Guest Program" that they have "recent revisions to their program." No mention of suite guests getting 100 dollar obc. I am thinking this is where I read about it in the recent past. Whether I did or did not...it is not there now!

just call me crazy

coka?

Okay thanks for looking "Crazy" (you asked for it ):D I would not be surprised as so may things keep changing.

just call me crazy

coka?

Hi, Coka!

I just called NCL and asked them what they would do for someone who couldn't take advantage of an upgrade - the certificate did not say anything about an alternative OBC. I was told to send in the certificate, and I would get an OBC. It never hurts to ask - or to be a little persistent! Get those certificates out of your drawer! :rolleyes:

Annette

Hi, Coka!

I just called NCL and asked them what they would do for someone who couldn't take advantage of an upgrade - the certificate did not say anything about an alternative OBC. I was told to send in the certificate, and I would get an OBC. It never hurts to ask - or to be a little persistent! Get those certificates out of your drawer! :rolleyes:

Annette

Same thing I was told by the last PCC I called. I imagine it would have to still be a valid certificate.

Kendallison, I think it was for full suites. Oh well, I am just going to return to my blissful state of ignorance on such matters. It has been a taxing evening on my brain researching upgrade/upsell/tipping butler/concierge services/who does what/where do I go. I am much happier returning to a state of the unknown!

I did find a hotel in Miami so all is not a bust! See you soon! WooHoo!

coka

any of you with those useless certs... if you can't find a use for them I would be happy to use them, after all I only book ocean view room:p and could use any/all upgrades I can get

let me know if you need to know an address to send them to me at:cool:

Most (maybe all) of these certs are only good for an upgrade WITHIN a category. So, you could upgrade from one level of Oceanview to another Oceanview.

As most have discovered, the only difference is location. Cabins are the same within a category.

As to the original post, there is only ONE type of mini-suite, so there is nothing to upgrade to, no matter the rules. To use these certificates of very little value to upgrade to a full suite, or even from one suite to the next level is not ever going to happen. The dollar value within the suite categories is way to high.

any of you with those useless certs... if you can't find a use for them I would be happy to use them, after all I only book ocean view room:p and could use any/all upgrades I can get

let me know if you need to know an address to send them to me at:cool:

I would, but they are non-transferrable.:( Mine are from the BOA credit card and have my name on them.

Kendallison, I think it was for full suites. Oh well, I am just going to return to my blissful state of ignorance on such matters. It has been a taxing evening on my brain researching upgrade/upsell/tipping butler/concierge services/who does what/where do I go. I am much happier returning to a state of the unknown!

I did find a hotel in Miami so all is not a bust! See you soon! WooHoo!

coka

I realize that I am not supposed to get anything for them. The letter I sent with them though was asking for anything, just so I wouldn't have to throw them in the trash. I would have even been happy with $10 OBC for each! It would have been better than nothing at all.

I realize that I am not supposed to get anything for them. The letter I sent with them though was asking for anything, just so I wouldn't have to throw them in the trash. I would have even been happy with $10 OBC for each! It would have been better than nothing at all.

I know what you mean. I think I got a $500 off cert as well as 4 upgrades that are useless to me since we always book mini suites or higher. I am sure others are in the same situation.

Seems to me that I really did not get what was originally intended since they canceled the program shortly before I was able to get that last $100 to give me another $500 off cert. That's the last time I join any of these stupid programs. Discover card gives you cash, plain and simple, and there are very few stipulations. Use your card and you get the cash and you don't have to wait forever to get it.

Archived