Just home from FOS Sept 6-13...questions anyone?

Well, we've actually been home about 24 hours, but laundry and groceries were a priority! This was the first time DH and I had been on RCL and we really enjoyed it. I plan on posting a review along with pictures, but since we asked so many questions in our planning...is there anyone out there with questions? We stopped at Coco Cay, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten and did an excursion at each port. We were in room 7342 (balcony, on the hump, starboard side).

welcome home, I can't wait to read your review and see your pics. We will be doing the eastern caribbean on FOS in january. DH and I have been on Liberty of the Seas and loved this class. We will be taking our 15 yr old son on FOS, I can't wait for him to see it. I want to hear everything, your room, meals, excursions, shows, etc....

Welcome Home 2 Cruise Again=

We look forward to hearing your review of last week. We cruise FoS 11/8 also Eastern. This is also our 1st RCCL cuise. Waiting to hear about your excursions- did you book thru RCCL or direct ? MTD ? Have not done that commitment either. I got email today from RCCL listing the entertainers for week 11/8. Will check those later. We are in 7296... down hall from your cabin.

Get some rest & then tell us all. Maybe we will hear from others on last week's cruise. Get some rest & sleep- Back to the Real World !!! Then start planning your next cruise !!

54 DAYS & Counting. djay

Well, we've actually been home about 24 hours, but laundry and groceries were a priority! This was the first time DH and I had been on RCL and we really enjoyed it. I plan on posting a review along with pictures, but since we asked so many questions in our planning...is there anyone out there with questions? We stopped at Coco Cay, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten and did an excursion at each port. We were in room 7342 (balcony, on the hump, starboard side).

I am part of the Pirate group that will be sailing this Sunday on the same route as you, how was the bar prices? I was on the Independence in August to Cock (Ireland 4 day cruise) I thought that the prices were cheaper than the USA cruise's, plus the 15% was included in the price

Welcome Home!!!:D I'm on this sailing in January (actually together with a bunch of the posters here - hi guys!!) and am wondering about Coco Cay - did you happen to notice what watersports were for rent? Not for excursions, but I was told that kayaks were $30 per 15 minutes and that they had paddleboats, too. As well can you tell me what excursion you did there? I'm looking at Jetskis....:)

Do you happen to have a wine list from the dining room and can you confirm the formal nights?

Sorry for so many questions - I can't wait for your review!!!!

Hi everyone! It's back to work today so I haven't been able to a full-review yet. I'll try to answer a few questions while I'm at lunch. ;)

I have no idea what the bar prices were. DH had a couple drinks, but becuase of a stomach illness I can't have alcohol. Come to think of it, I didn't drink anything except water all week.

We did the jet ski excursion on Coco Cay and LOVED it!! I thought it was pricey (DH and I drove our own, no sharing for us), but so worth it. Our guide was Christine. She works in the dive shop on the FOS. She just recently transferred off of the island onto the ship so she was very well versed in the ocean life around Coco Cay. I know that they had kayaks and paddle boats to rent, but I'm sorry I don't know how much they cost. Lunch on the island was so-so, not the greatest, but not inedible. They had hamburgers, hot dogs, pork chops (I thought that was weird), plus all the usual salads you have with them. We did our excursion at 10:00 a.m., had lunch, then laid around and were amazed at the sheer number of people wearing inappropriate clothing.

On St. Thomas we did the RCL Ultimate Island Experience Tour. It was okay. The first three stops were at picture-taking places (pretty pictures, but not very exciting). We then went to Meagan's Bay for two hours of beach time. There were two couples who didn't want to do the beach, so our driver actually let them skip this stop and took them to Blackbeard's Castle which would be the next stop on the tour. Meagan's Bay was absolutely beautiful. I could have spent the whole day here. Not crowded at all. DH spent $24 for two lounge chairs and we put them under the shade of some kind of tree. We didn't buy any food because the wait was insanely long, but did get bottled water and he bought a drink. Expensive, but not outrageous prices. If you're thinking about it, just do it! You won't regret it.

On St. Maarten we hired Joyce Prince for a private tour. It was me, DH, and the in-laws. I can't say enough great things about Joyce. The tour was customizeable so we only went where we wanted to. Since the in-laws aren't beach people we didn't say long, other than to take some pictures and put our feet in.

I'll post more with pictures soon!!

We were on that sailing too! The formal nights were Monday and Friday. There were 2 ice shows. One on the 3rd night(if I remember correctly) - main seating was at 9pm - can't remember the time for late seating, and one last show which we didn't make on the final night at 5:00pm.

We're doing the Eastern on FOS in January. Do you know how many ice shows they had and if they were all full? Thanks! Looking forward to your review and pictures. :)

There were 3 ice shows. One was at 5 PM Day 3 and the others were 7 and 9 the next day. Tickets were required except for D &D+ who showed their card.

I am part of the Pirate group that will be sailing this Sunday on the same route as you, how was the bar prices? I was on the Independence in August to Cock (Ireland 4 day cruise) I thought that the prices were cheaper than the USA cruise's, plus the 15% was included in the price

I thought the drink prices were higher than usual. The drink of the day was usually $8.95 and my Coco Loco at Coco Cay was over $10.

There were 3 ice shows. One was at 5 PM Day 3 and the others were 7 and 9 the next day. Tickets were required except for D &D+ who showed their card.

I thought the drink prices were higher than usual. The drink of the day was usually $8.95 and my Coco Loco at Coco Cay was over $10.

I am continually amazed @ the inconsistency of the RCL procedures & protocols.

On my Eastern just 2 weeks prior, no tixs were needed & 4 ice shows were available.

& my Coco Loco @ CocoCay was about $9.50 (grats included already)

Welcome back; i know you said you didn't drink-but did you notice anything regarding "Happy Hour or 1 for 1 drink" specials? I remember a few months ago someone posted about that but i haven't heard of it lately.

This is not2soon2cruise agains other half. I did not notice any BOGO, 1 for 1, or other promotions on drinks with the expection of one time. I think that it was during one of the port talks with Shopping Shelby.

I had a Coco Loco on Cococay and it was around $9.50, with grat.

Also, one point of clarification on the chair rental at Megan's Bay, if you return the chairs before 4:30 PM, they give you $10 back, so the rental is really only $14.

Welcome back; i know you said you didn't drink-but did you notice anything regarding "Happy Hour or 1 for 1 drink" specials? I remember a few months ago someone posted about that but i haven't heard of it lately.

On Freedom in the On Air Bar they offered 2 for the price of 1 Margaritas from 530-730 PM (called Margarita Madness). That was the only special I noticed.

Archived