Heads up for anyone around Bayonne on October 3

greatam

For a REALLY good dinner and show maybe the night before your cruise, head on over to the Venice Restaurant, 31 Cottage St, Bayonne, 201-339-1115. Dinner and Show featuring Kenny Vance and the Planotones. For those that don't know who Kenny Vance is, he was the founding member of Jay and the Americans (although they went through 2 or three "Jays").

He is one of the premier voices in the USA singing doowop and 50-60's music. A show you won't want to miss if you are in the area.

Here's a youtube clip.

D****, WHAT a FALSETTO!!!!

They even made a true East Coast movie using the title of the song as the title of the movie. Starred Armand Assante.

This video was made in the parking lot before the oldies show and Hall of Fame Dedication for Doo Wop music. Talk about EAST COAST!!!!

When I read the title of this thread I thought it would be about one of two things:

(1) Construction closing down the NJ Turnpike Extension that day, or

(2) A demonstration being planned by GTJ to protest the prohibition on pedestrian access to the Cape Liberty cruise port.

:D ;)

When I read the title of this thread I thought it would be about one of two things:

(2) A demonstration being planned by GTJ to protest the prohibition on pedestrian access to the Cape Liberty cruise port.

Good one on the protest!!!

Just thought I would post the show because so many people are always looking for things to do/places to eat around Bayonne the night before a cruise. The restaurant serves pretty good Italian and as many times as I have seen Kenny Vance, I have NEVER seen a bad show. Just one of those ones that puts a smile on your face and has you humming the tunes the next day.

HAAHAHAHA

:D:p:D

I don't know how much they enforce the no pedestrians. We just got back from Bermuda and when we arrived at Cape Liberty last Saturday we saw two cruisers trolling their luggage down the road going out of the port.

It would be impossible to enforce on the way out, but they can stop you at the gate on the way in.

njhorseman & smeyer418 - I hope you folks have done your homework on Bermuda if you haven't been there before. I was not overly impressed with King's Wharf and was very glad I'd hooked up with some other CCer's to go on a taxi tour.

Thanks, but I'll be OK on my own (well not quite on my own, my wife will be there too!)...I've been there more times than I can count. ;) My first cruise to Bermuda was over 20 years ago on the Royal Viking Star. Since then I've been there on what seems like every cruise ship in creation, as well as flying there for a hotel stay.

I believe Sid Meyer's experience is similar.

By the way, based on my experience last year I think they've made great improvements to King's Wharf...plus it's a convenient spot to catch a bus or ferry to anywhere on the islands. In any event, we're cruising on the Norwegian Majesty from Philadelphia to St. George's this year...a change of pace from cruising out of NY or Bayonne.

njhorseman & smeyer418 - I hope you folks have done your homework on Bermuda if you haven't been there before. I was not overly impressed with King's Wharf and was very glad I'd hooked up with some other CCer's to go on a taxi tour.

This is my fourth time and we aren't staying at King's Wharf-the dockyards-the west end anyway.

It would be impossible to enforce on the way out, but they can stop you at the gate on the way in.

That indeed is something I had thought about as well. Someone unable or unwilling to spend money to "escape" would otherwise end up imprisoned there.

In a parallel situation a colleague of mine brought up a situation that had existed (and might still exist) at the Atlanta airport. Arriving international passengers would have to claim luggage and clear customs, but there was no direct exit from the customs area to street. Instead passengers were directed back in to the sterile area of the airport in order to get to the airport exits. My colleague posed the question of what would happen if, after having cleared customs, someone refused to allow themselves to submit to security screening?

That's funny! Now if only there actually were enough people standing around when I'm standing on my soapbox to cause such a disruption!

Archived