Celebrity Bank of America American Express Card

SheilaNC

Thanks lbw and Gonzo70 for coming to my rescue! lbw, we did take advantage of the bonus points as you pointed out...that's exactly the reason John and I both have a VISA and an AMEX, for a total of 4 cards.

Remember the good old days when we rec'd 3% on Celebrity purchases and travel related charges (cruises, hotel, air fare, etc.) and restaurants? Now, that was nice!

BTW...I have always had at least a 2% reward.

I just heard from my contact at Celebrity, and they wanted me to let you know that the lack of redemption options is temporary, and due to a change to their redemption portal. According to Celebrity, Bank of America has been contacted, and proper service should resume shortly.

Hi Andy,

The problem is that even if this is "temporary" it should have not happened, or if there was going to be a problem we should have been notified that the system would be down for a period of time and we wouldn't be able to redeem points and been given the option to do it before this change occurred.

Hopefully, things will be back to normal soon. I sail in 4 weeks.

Anne Maria

I believe the return is even better if you use your points to purchase a celebrity cruise. For 125,000 points you get a credit of upto $2,500 towards selected cruises. So you use your BOA card to purchase a cruise and get double points, and then you redeem your points and get 2%. Sounds pretty good to me. So far we have redeemed our points for two "free" cruises.

just got on line and redeemed by points for a shipboard credit. thanks for all who helped. larry:)

Larry, did you receive an order # when you checked out? I didn't get an order number like we did in the past to give to the Captain's Club.

I received an Order Receipt and a Confirmation E-mail, but no order #.

I just got off the phone with the Captain's Club and told them and they are not sure why I didn't get an order number.

Anne Maria

I received a telelphone call (they left a message) yesterday afternoon from the Captain's Club and they said that my WorldPoints Redemption went through and they are applying them to my upcoming cruise. So it looks like all is well again - hopefully there won't be any more glitches.

Anne Maria

I just checked my BOA Celebrity VISA account and found that all the OBC, upgrades and the free cruise rewards are the same as in the past. Missing are some of the merchandise items that I have no interest in. It is MUCH easier to access the Celebrity rewards than it used to be. There is a direct link that takes you to the rewards page. Much better than before.

I also checked the cruise deposit and I made earlier this month and the $1000 deposit earned 2000 points.:)

It appears to me that the VISA rewards are the same. 5000 points = $50.00 OBC, robes, etc. I redeemed 5,000 points for a $50.00 OBC with my VISA experiencing no problems or difficulties after the BOA system became active again.

Can anyone find this structure with the AMEX card? I only find redemptions beginning at the 10,000 level for $100.00 OBC. I have 9269 AMEX points and when I log in to the AMEX site it does not give me the Celebrity "box" at the top of the page. Is it because I don't have 10,000 points?

Taken from the AMEX Worldpoints website:

"Cruise Rewards

Redeem 10,000 WorldPoints for $100 Onboard Credit for your next cruise

Redeem 25,000 WorldPoints for $250 Off your next cruise"

Is there possibly a different link for the AMEX? Is it the same sign in page for VISA and AMEX? I can log into both credit cards from the same sign in page.

How can BOA change the reward program with AMEX w/o notification? Did anyone else experience a different scenario? Were you notified of a different point redemption schedule for the AMEX? Has anyone obtained a $50.00 OBC with AMEX points?

This is very agravating! ARGH! I have spent way too many hours on what should be a very simple process.

I also feel bad for the CCer's who cashed in Celebrity points for a lesser value. That stinks.

Thanks! Cindy G

Archived