Have you ever???

LUV THE SEA

Have you ever booked a cruise on the waitlist with Princess...for some reason I am always looking at cruise fares and dreaming of cruises to go on...mind you I just went on a cruise in August..LOL So this is not a planned trip but ... I found a cruise on CB for 1/2 the price than offered on other dates...I went to Princess sight they showed all categories as waitlisted...we live close to the port...so I figured I would try it...I called they said they would contact me if there is an opening I put in my deposit .....and was told I would be contacted up to 1 day before the sail date...which is just less than 30 days away...I doubt we will get on I am number 17 overall for the entire ship..yet you book by categories but they don't have an idea of how many outside, inside requests etc.

Can anyone tell me have they ever tried this before? Did it work for you or anyone that you have met? Why are they doing a waitlist for this date rather just showing it as sold out???

Thanks

Have you ever booked a cruise on the waitlist with Princess...for some reason I am always looking at cruise fares and dreaming of cruises to go on...mind you I just went on a cruise in August..LOL So this is not a planned trip but ... I found a cruise on CB for 1/2 the price than offered on other dates...I went to Princess sight they showed all categories as waitlisted...we live close to the port...so I figured I would try it...I called they said they would contact me if there is an opening I put in my deposit .....and was told I would be contacted up to 1 day before the sail date...which is just less than 30 days away...I doubt we will get on I am number 17 overall for the entire ship..yet you book by categories but they don't have an idea of how many outside, inside requests etc.

Can anyone tell me have they ever tried this before? Did it work for you or anyone that you have met? Why are they doing a waitlist for this date rather just showing it as sold out???

Thanks

We have waitlisted many times.

On the Emerald they were 35 oversold and we received a call the day before.

Just because you are 17 does not mean you won't get on. The more categories you waitlist the better chance.

Just because you are 17 does not mean you won't get on. The more categories you waitlist the better chance.

Thanks ...I don't want to get excited but I do...if that makes sense...when you waitlisted, did you book as close to the sail date...I was thinking that less than 30 days it would be near to impossble to get on...Also do you know if there is a way to check your number has changed on the waitlist or do you have to call

Did they call or e-mail you at the time that a room was available?

Thanks again for the quick reply. :)

For Toto (and others in the know):

If you waitlisted, and are called the day prior to the cruise, do you HAVE to take the cruise? What kind of money do you have deposited while you are on the waitlist? Thanks!

What we just did on sunday...was put $100 pp deposit to hold our place on the waitlist line...and you have the option f taking the room or not and your money will be refunded if you shoose not to do it.

How can you tell how many oversold they are?

The Emerald is sailing the 18th out of Ft. Lauderdale and it is also completely waitlisted.

Linda

How can you tell how many oversold they are?

The Emerald is sailing the 18th out of Ft. Lauderdale and it is also completely waitlisted.

Linda

I called and asked..and they told me my number on the overall waitlist line...as I said they do not tell you by room category just an overall number...so I am hoping those ahead of me only want suites..LOL :)

I called and asked..and they told me my number on the overall waitlist line...as I said they do not tell you by room category just an overall number...so I am hoping those ahead of me only want suites..LOL :)

You would be surprised at how much movement there is right up to sailing day.

Archived