Thong swim suits

SillySally13

I would never wear a thong swimsuit. Underwear, yes, I often wear them. I'm in my early 20s and keep in good shape, but I am not and never would be comfortable to show that much in public.

And not to "slam" you, but be prepared for others (like ME!) who don't like being around it. I've only seen it 2 or 3 times in my last 8 cruises. Almost always by 50+ year old women. They usually are in the high-traffic pool areas where there are a lot of people, including kids. I DO think it depends on the cruise line and the area where you are. I would not think it was appropriate on an RCCL Caribbean cruise...but a HAL or Norweigan European itenerary? Much better.

Can a geezer hop in here?

For most of my almost-70 years on this planet' date=' I have spent time pulling my britches OUT of my butt crack..... Why would anyone ever want to put something in there, on purpose????

Just askin'..........:confused:[/quote']

OMG. You are too funny. LOL!!!!!

I

They are selling a "lot" of them on e-bay, I know because I buy them through e-bay,

/quote]

I sell things on Ebay...things I don't want in my closet anymore.

Seriously, if do find them comfortable, then wear them on your cruise. You put the question out there and you got a bunch of responses. Not all of them are going to be the answer you were hoping for.

I'm going on my 3rd cruise in a few weeks and wondered if there are any other women cruisers out there that are comfortable wearing a thong swim suit?

Ive been suprised on my last two cruises that no other women wore one. 20 years ago every one was wearing them - what happend?

Ok, now I know I may have opened up a pandores box with this question, but I am still packing my thongs and will stay in the adult area to sun, but I havent even seen women wearing them on the Caribean beaches, is everyone just to over weight and not comfortable with them anymore??

By the way I am a happily married mother of two adult women (one at war in Iraq) and yes I would be comfortable to see them sunning in their thongs. I'm cruising with my husband, he has no tan and will be mostly covered:p

And I will be turning 50 on this cruise.

Slam away:rolleyes:

Dr. Oz said on TV yesterday that thongs are a big culpret for urinary tract infections and that they are unsanitary due to bacteria traveling from your rectum into your female parts. I suspect that for this reason, along with many people thinking thongs are unattractive, most people choose traditional swim wear.

Dr. Oz said on TV yesterday that thongs are a big culpret for urinary tract infections and that they are unsanitary due to bacteria traveling from your rectum into your female parts. I suspect that for this reason, along with many people thinking thongs are unattractive, most people choose traditional swim wear.

Got to keep it fair and I did a research essay on this very subject :) With the exception of boxers, any tight fitting panty will have direct contact at the female parts, which is lower than the rectum...Even though the panty usually won't have direct contact with the rectum, gravity will force the bacteria down to female parts. 98% of woman who don't wear thong do not think they are comfortable. :)

Here's a more scientific article:

http://blogs.webmd.com/womens-health/2007/07/is-thong-all-wrong-for-womens-health.html

I figured that posting this question would get many diffferent responses -I guess that is why I wanted to post it, that and the fact that I am comfortable with my body and whatever I wear, but in truth I dont want to offend anyone:D

I'm not out for attention, just a free spirit that enjoys the sun, fun and "minamal tan lines".... since I dont have any - and it's the end of the season and snow will be flying soon......, plus I just hate clothes!!

I guess I need to find a "naturalist cruise":D

But this has been a fun thread for me and thanks to all that replied.

Maybe I will keep my "thong" to my balcony - oops - their are eyes above!

Life is short - Way to short - enjoy:eek:, I'm trying:cool:

I don't think it's a matter of "everyone being too overweight" to wear them as you pointed out, but a matter of tastefulness. Choose what you like, but keep it in the adult area, because if that is flaunted in front of my 12 year old son I would be seriously pissed.

There are many other ways of getting attention, "positive attention". I think this would NOT be positive attention. Just my opinion. Hope you have a great cruise.

I

They are selling a "lot" of them on e-bay, I know because I buy them through e-bay,

/quote]

I sell things on Ebay...things I don't want in my closet anymore.

Seriously, if do find them comfortable, then wear them on your cruise. You put the question out there and you got a bunch of responses. Not all of them are going to be the answer you were hoping for.

I don't buy - "used swim suites" on e-bay,

all new with tags - no returns:) - sanitary thing with suits you know.

BTW-I didn't want a certain answer - if I had I wouldn't have posted,.... not stupid here:eek:,

but I am allways amazed by what does come back -

WOW, talk about people that "can't comprehend a question"!!:rolleyes:

Ammazing!

Raise your kids well! some day they will leave you..........

May I ask the OP a question?

Why do you want to wear a thong on a cruise ship? You know if you do, lots of folks will be looking at your nethermost. Is that what you want? If you do want that, wear your thong and enjoy the attention. Some of the attention may be negative. If you don't mind, have a ball.

May I ask the OP a question?

Why do you want to wear a thong on a cruise ship? You know if you do, lots of folks will be looking at your nethermost. Is that what you want? If you do want that, wear your thong and enjoy the attention. Some of the attention may be negative. If you don't mind, have a ball.

Great question, thanks for asking -

I live in the middle of no where so I am

used to not having much on.

So now I am paying big $$ for a vacation in the sun and I just want to keep up with what I enjoy, fun, sun, beach and no extra clothing - no extra tan lines, its my cruise, my $$.

As I stated in my original post I would be in the "ADULT ONLY" area, not running around the ship showing off my bunns!

Just sunning enjoying my day - WITH MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!

New Question???????????????????

Why do they have an adult only area on board ???????

Can't adults be somewhat free and comfortable????

If not stay at the other areas, (turn off the TV so to speak)

And parents keep your kids out of the adult only area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(their your kids not mine, I raised mine)

It has been inlightening to see everyones response to this question, and the diverse thoughts on the matter.

So I guess I will sit back and put some butter on my popcorn and enjoy;)

G'ma -

I guess if you have never worn one it would be hard to explain, but I dont feel the need to pull it out so to speak, I find them quite comfortable.:o

I don't think it's a matter of "everyone being too overweight" to wear them as you pointed out, but a matter of tastefulness. Choose what you like, but keep it in the adult area, because if that is flaunted in front of my 12 year old son I would be seriously pissed.

There are many other ways of getting attention, "positive attention". I think this would NOT be positive attention. Just my opinion. Hope you have a great cruise.

What negative do you expect to come from your 12 yo son seeing a thong bathing suit?

What positive will he incur from avoiding seeing one?

I'm not judging, Im just curious to how parents think, I myself do not plan on having kids.

I agree - personally I would rather see someone with "panty lines" as someone walking around looking like they forgot their drawers while getting dressed - and I sure you all know what I mean:rolleyes:
I like pantilines better the a$$ jello. I look at butts all the time as part of my job in physical therapy is to assess gait. No underwear or thongs may - no pantilines but most people's butts jiggle (even those in good shape)

I like pantilines better the a$$ jello. I look at butts all the time as part of my job in physical therapy is to assess gait. No underwear or thongs may - no pantilines but most people's butts jiggle (even those in good shape)

The only jell-o I want to see jiggling is on a plate.:D

"Watch it wiggle, see it juggle."

jello_1_.gif

Archived