Med. and Greek Isle weather in May

Capt. & Teach

We did this cruise this past May (end of May). The weather, for the most part, was excellent. It was warm, low 80s, in most ports, Athens was the warmest, 90s and very little rain. We needed an umbrella in Istanbul in the morning. This was by far the most interesting, busy, tiring and exhilerating cruise we have been on. We spent 3 days in Barcelona, pre-cruise & 2 post cruise days in Venice. Have a great time!

HI I did Italy and Greek isles in 2006 the 3rd week in May and it was in the 80's everyday, I think it was even in the 90's in Rome and Kusadasi. It was definitely warm and humid-it was great for the beaches and not to warm for sightseeing. Enjoy!!!

I did Italy and the Greek islands the second week of May last year. It was HOT in Rome. The other cities were nice. Ephesus does get hot with very little shade. We carried water and crystal light lemonade packs and cooled off with lots of gelato. It must be a great cruises since I have done four med cruises so far and would not hesitate to go on another.

Judy

In May 2008 we experienced quite a difference in temperatures in some areas. In general, though, the Dalmatian coast, Athens, and Turkish ports were comfortable. Mykonos was uncomfortably hot. At Santorini you're up on top of the mountains, and the wind was blowing quite hard; so even with a long sleeve shirt it was uncomfortably cold if you didn't have a windbreaker.

Archived