37 Carnival Cruises in 15 months!

nycruise

We had the pleasure of being seated with this gentleman twice for breakfast, while we were on Ecstasy a few weeks ago! When we docked on Saturday, he was heading to a hotel for the night and then getting on Conquest on Sunday.

He knows all about every Carnival ship and is a lot of fun to visit with.

I have thought about this. I think it would be great to live with my kids during the summer and spend September to MAy on a cruise ship. If you think about the cost. Those are the cheaoer times for the most part so you can get on a ship for $600 each fir a week average smetimes less sometimes more. That is $1200 a weekX4 = $4800 a week. I pay $3000 a month on mortagage already add electric, gas, cable, food, phone, house maintaince upkeep it comes to about even.

I only have about 30 more years to wait though.

I've only sailed 24 times in 35 months,2 on RCL, and 22 CCL.. with 2 trips to europe, and just getting back from Alaska,again..:D and leaving Monday on a CCL, and will reach Milestones next month ..Darn that old job anyway..taking up sooo much of my time...

Hey it beats a retirement home, and probably not that much more expensive if you did a 1A each time.

Thats how I want to retire!

Good thinking. When you factor in all meals and entertainment and lodging. Just stay away from the bars and it is probably quite reasonable compared to living in an assisted living home...:rolleyes:

That is great, but how long can a person keep that up. I can't even imagine the cost of 37 cruises.

Read the article again. He sails in an inside cabin with the lowest rate he can find. He sold his car so he doesn't have to pay for car insurance or car maintenance. He doesn't have rent or mortgage, no house insurance to pay or household upkeep and repairs. He no longer needs to pay someone to clear the snow from his driveway. There also are no cable bills or land-base phone bills each month.

Would I do this if I go. Yes, in a heartbeat.

Archived