No Fantasy!What are my options?

Cruise Passenger

This is good news for Charleston that they are getting the Fantasy but bad news for me. I live in Galveston and have done the Ecstasy three times. Last week we booked July 2010 on the Fantasy in Mobile to try a different ship. The kids were so looking forward to the new water/pool area. Yesterday I got an e-mail saying I was being switched to the Elation in Mobile. Sure it's a newer ship but we've already been on her and her pool area is not the same. Has anyone ever heard of someone getting any compensation for something like this. We are probably going to try and book a different cruise but with a little arm twisting I could be convinced to stay.The main selling point for this was because it was a different ship with upgraded water area. Now I am not getting what I payed for.What are my chances of applying my money to a different cruise?

This is good news for Charleston that they are getting the Fantasy but bad news for me. I live in Galveston and have done the Ecstasy three times. Last week we booked July 2010 on the Fantasy in Mobile to try a different ship. The kids were so looking forward to the new water/pool area. Yesterday I got an e-mail saying I was being switched to the Elation in Mobile. Sure it's a newer ship but we've already been on her and her pool area is not the same. Has anyone ever heard of someone getting any compensation for something like this. We are probably going to try and book a different cruise but with a little arm twisting I could be convinced to stay.The main selling point for this was because it was a different ship with upgraded water area. Now I am not getting what I payed for.What are my chances of applying my money to a different cruise?

Have you thought of driving 2 hours less and stopping in New Orleans and taking the Triumph? I have never been on her but I hear she is a beautiful ship.

Triumph is doing 4 and 5 day cruises, do you only like Fantasy class cruises, or just short cruises?? Triumph is the price that Fantasy used to be. Prices right now are as low as $199 senior rate for Dec 3rd, for a 4 day.

You have only 24 hours to cancel and apply the money to a new cruise per Carnival policy.... if you really dont want to do the Elation, cancel now. You have been notified, the clock is ticking. You said you can be persuaded, that you want some compensation. Dont hold your breath, cancel if you really dont want Elation.

Triumph is doing 4 and 5 day cruises, do you only like Fantasy class cruises, or just short cruises?? Triumph is the price that Fantasy used to be. Prices right now are as low as $199 senior rate for Dec 3rd, for a 4 day.

You have only 24 hours to cancel and apply the money to a new cruise per Carnival policy.... if you really dont want to do the Elation, cancel now. You have been notified, the clock is ticking. You said you can be persuaded, that you want some compensation. Dont hold your breath, cancel if you really dont want Elation.

Fire: Triumph is doing 4, 5 and 7 day cruises.

OP: Do not expect any compensation for the change of ships. I understand your disapointment but, You are getting just what you paid for, a cruise on a Carnival ship. You have the option of canceling without any penalty to you. The Elation is basicaly the same ship as the Fantasy without the new pool and slide. She has had all the other upgrades. The Triumph looks like it will be a fun ship to cruise on. And NOLA is a great city to cruise out of. One big party and it is very easy to get in and out of the port terminal area.

Well I have to say if it were me and I really wanted to cruise on the Fantasy Class ship, I would probably not cruise on Elation when compared to Fantasy or Inspiration etc. that have undergone the pool upgrades etc. I would either change my reservation to Tampa/Inspiration which has undergone the upgrades and sails a similar itinerary as the Fantasy will out of Mobile, or just switch over to Triumph out of NOLA.

Paying for a cruise on an upgraded ship and actually getting to cruise on a ship that has not undergone the upgrades, is like paying for a Cadillac and getting a Volkswagon.

Fire: Triumph is doing 4, 5 and 7 day cruises.

Of course I know that??!! I am probably one of the most aware people here and have Triumph booked with you, so not sure why you would be posting this to me. lol. You must not know me very well if you think I dont know this.

The OP says particularly he has done Ecstasy three times and driving all the way to Mobile to do another Fantasy class ship, doesnt mention wanting a 7 day .... thats why I was mentioning Triumph as a option for a short cruise which seems to be what the OP wanted.

Myself I would never drive all the way to Mobile from Texas to do a Fantasy class cruise when I can do Triumph was my point.

You have the option of canceling without any penalty to you. .

If the OP happens to be past final payment, the 24 option is for credit only, which can be applied to another cruise ... not a refund. I know many were unhappy they couldnt just cancel when the flu hit.

Probably the OP isnt past final payment and the point is moot.

If the OP booked ES, then unless they change ships within 24 hours, they would have to pay the $50 change fee, so they need to "get 'er done" if they dont want the Elation.

Have you thought of driving 2 hours less and stopping in New Orleans and taking the Triumph? I have never been on her but I hear she is a beautiful ship.

I've been on the Triumph and she is a lovely ship. It's been 7 years since I was on the Triumph, but from what I am reading in various reviews, she is still in pretty good shape. I'm sailing on her again in November.

Of course I know that??!! I am probably one of the most aware people here and have Triumph booked with you, so not sure why you would be posting this to me. lol. You must not know me very well if you think I dont know this.

The OP says particularly he has done Ecstasy three times and driving all the way to Mobile to do another Fantasy class ship, doesnt mention wanting a 7 day .... thats why I was mentioning Triumph as a option for a short cruise which seems to be what the OP wanted.

Myself I would never drive all the way to Mobile from Texas to do a Fantasy class cruise when I can do Triumph was my point.

Fire: Sorry, did not mean to offend. I count you as one of the few real consistant souces of good information here. I am looking to meeting and cruising with you. We are going to have ball.

Compensation for what???? You are free to cancel if you don't like the changes:

ITINERARY CHANGE PRIOR TO DEPARTURE:

If Carnival has adequate notice prior to sailing that a vessel will deviate from the published itinerary it will promptly – upon making the itinerary change -- notify guests of the change through their travel agents or directly, in the case of a direct guest booking.

If the itinerary change is for reasons within Carnival’s exclusive control, guests will have the opportunity to cancel their booking without penalty prior to sailing and within 24 hours of the guest notification, and in such an instance, guests will have the option to receive either a cash refund or a future cruise credit. In the event a guest does not cancel the cruise on a timely basis, no refund of any kind will be available.

Cruise lines move ships around frequently, for many reasons. They give you an opportunity to cancel if the new itinerary is not to your liking. If you don't cancel, then you have agreed to the change. No compensation for that....for sure.

You are not sailing until July 2010 so you have plenty of time to decide when and where you would like to switch........

Good luck!

Fire: Sorry, did not mean to offend. I count you as one of the few real consistant souces of good information here. I am looking to meeting and cruising with you. We are going to have ball.

Not offended, just puzzled. I dont know you yet ... but looks like we might get to meet (Iv had a few roll calls that never actually got around to deciding to meet, so nothing is for sure in my cruising life). Carnival isnt like RCL where M&M are planned.

OP should come sail with us :)

Not offended, just puzzled. I dont know you yet ... but looks like we might get to meet (Iv had a few roll calls that never actually got around to deciding to meet, so nothing is for sure in my cruising life). Carnival isnt like RCL where M&M are planned.

OP should come sail with us :)

We are definetly going to meet. If I have to get on the intercom system to track you down I will.

• 4 weeks later...
Compensation for what???? You are free to cancel if you don't like the changes:

ITINERARY CHANGE PRIOR TO DEPARTURE:

If Carnival has adequate notice prior to sailing that a vessel will deviate from the published itinerary it will promptly – upon making the itinerary change -- notify guests of the change through their travel agents or directly' date=' in the case of a direct guest booking.

If the itinerary change is for reasons within Carnival’s exclusive control, guests will have the opportunity to cancel their booking without penalty prior to sailing and within 24 hours of the guest notification, and in such an instance, guests will have the option to receive either a cash refund or a future cruise credit. In the event a guest does not cancel the cruise on a timely basis, no refund of any kind will be available.

Cruise lines move ships around frequently, for many reasons. They give you an opportunity to cancel if the new itinerary is not to your liking. If you don't cancel, then you have agreed to the change. No compensation for that....for sure.[/quote']

The itinerary didn't change,just the ship. For those of you that have suggested the Triumph, that is what we were thinking but were going to be charged $50. And for the 24 hour thing. That doesn't seem like very much time when you recieve the news via e-mail. This assumes you get the e-mail immediately.

Archived