cigars on the westerdam

cigars-N-rum

hows the cigar bar on the Westerdam? Also how is the ship overall when it comes to cigar smoke?

Hi, I am not a cigar smoker, nor an affection-ado of the scent BUT, can say that the Cigar bar looked to be a popular place on the Westerdam, and, as soon as I was about 10-15 feet away from the Cigar Bar in any direction, there was no smoke to bother a person:D

Hi, I am not a cigar smoker, nor an affection-ado of the scent BUT, can say that the Cigar bar looked to be a popular place on the Westerdam, and, as soon as I was about 10-15 feet away from the Cigar Bar in any direction, there was no smoke to bother a person:D

I just got off the Westerdam and I don't think there is a cigar bar. In fact I'm not sure they even allow cigar smoking except in your cabin or veranda.

Where is the cigar bar located? I didn't notice it when I was on the Westerdam in the spring. However, when I return in a little over 6 weeks (WOOHOO!) I will be with my husband. He enjoys a cigar occasionally and I would love to be able to take him there.

Where is the cigar bar located? I didn't notice it when I was on the Westerdam in the spring. However, when I return in a little over 6 weeks (WOOHOO!) I will be with my husband. He enjoys a cigar occasionally and I would love to be able to take him there.

Oops sorry, I just discovered it was on the Oosterdam not the Westerdam...

Thank You Vino100 and Mrsltg, I had the wrong ship in mind. Duh!! Blame it on old age memory loss...

I think it was on Deck 2 between the Explorer's Lounge and the Lower Vista Dining Room. I see it listed on the Public Rooms but cannot find it on any of the deck plans.

I did a Cigar Smoking search on HAL's site and found the following policy:

Smoking

For the comfort of all of our guests, designated smoking and nonsmoking areas are available in most lounges. Smoking is not permitted at any time in dining areas. Our ships do not have "nonsmoking" staterooms; however, all rooms are thoroughly cleaned after each cruise to assure the comfort of our guests. All showrooms are nonsmoking during performances.

Nothing limiting Cigar Smoking

Joanie

hows the cigar bar on the Westerdam? Also how is the ship overall when it comes to cigar smoke?

It's funny. My life partner asked me today why I booked a balcony for our upcoming cruise. If we ever make it, that is. He's optimistic. I asked him why. He thought he could avoid the smoke if we ramped it down and went for an oceanview instead. Huh. I do believe the wind blows it away. I don't know about cigar bars. They would seem very smoky to me. A smoking thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

It's funny. My life partner asked me today why I booked a balcony for our upcoming cruise. If we ever make it, that is. He's optimistic. I asked him why. He thought he could avoid the smoke if we ramped it down and went for an oceanview instead. Huh. I do believe the wind blows it away. I don't know about cigar bars. They would seem very smoky to me. A smoking thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

hires_080421-N-1251W-006c1.jpg?t=1253314569

Undoubtedly the funniest picture yet related to anything at all. Cracks me up. Yeah, cigar smoking is pretty awful and I hope I can't smell it. I'm not one to cough around cigarette smokers, it's legal and all that, but hey, there really is nothing left to say on this subject. It is so over.

Last time I was on the Westerdam, you could smoke cigars in the Oak Room, next to the Crow's Nest. I think they did away with that room. So I believe only alternatives are outside by the Lido Bar or on your verandah. I like HAL (were doing the Eurodam in November) but I miss not being able to have a cigar inside. It is a little warm in a tuxedo doing cigars under the stars in the Lido. Cigar bars are still availble on some ships, but they tend to be the more expensive lines.

Don't know about the Westerdam, but my husband ONLY smokes cigars on cruises -- the habit started on the first cruise on the Rotterdam V -- when we could go to the Lido bar late. On our last cruise his option was the Oak room -- basically a chamber filled with smoke, no conversation, etc. --- so he had a cigar or two on the balcony.

We really miss the folks that used to show up late on the Lido, for after dinner drinks and a cigar under the stars.

On our May repo cruise, on the MS Maasdam they had Cigar Under The Stars. Bartendar had some speciality cigars at the Sea View Pool for purchase and there were several gentleman and a lady out there smoking them one evening.

I want a woman who resembles Edward G Robinson

edward-g-robinson.jpg

Richard Jeni

When the Westerdam was originally built -- there was the Oak Room on the Starboard side of the Crow's Nest where you could purchase cugars (usually around 9 PM) and it was the dedicated area for cigar smoking.

That area is gone -- now replaced by the Explorations Cafe/Library.

Check your daily program -- there should be "Cigars Under the Stars" at the aft pool around 9 PM -- it was there when we sailed on her in April/May. If conditions are good -- they bring out the cigar box.

When the Westerdam was originally built -- there was the Oak Room on the Starboard side of the Crow's Nest where you could purchase cugars (usually around 9 PM) and it was the dedicated area for cigar smoking.

That area is gone -- now replaced by the Explorations Cafe/Library.

Check your daily program -- there should be "Cigars Under the Stars" at the aft pool around 9 PM -- it was there when we sailed on her in April/May. If conditions are good -- they bring out the cigar box.

That is where you can find me.......just hope they will have that on the Westerdam in late Oct.......nothing like a good cigar and a good rum drink to relax with.

that is so funny! I cannot stand it. Don't know what to do about it; I once had a boss from Italy and all he did was smoke cigars and spit. He freaked out when he got it that I understood Italian. It was so funny. Yeah, if you are around it enough, you can figure it out. Jeepers. It made him stop swearing. Huh, ok.:)

Archived