MDR Question

CrusieGuy

My wife and I are counting down the days until our first cruise with HAL. We have sailed on RCCL and CCL several times and loved our cruise experiences. We are excited about the HAL differences we have read about on here. One Question: What are the MDR portions like and on HAL can you order more than one entree like you can on the other lines? Any other tips or advice?

My wife and I are counting down the days until our first cruise with HAL. We have sailed on RCCL and CCL several times and loved our cruise experiences. We are excited about the HAL differences we have read about on here. One Question: What are the MDR portions like and on HAL can you order more than one entree like you can on the other lines? Any other tips or advice?

Hi CrusieGuy!! Last night in another thread SakeDad posted his links to his photos, they included EXCELLENT photos of MDR fare. Makes me hungry just to see them:) Anyway if you go to the Thread link here and then to Post #97 you can click on SakeDad's links and see for yourself. Here is the thread link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1054590&page=3

Joanie

On a recent Amsterdam cruise our table of 10 often ordered multiple entrees and desserts. Not a blink of an eye!!!

I remember the days when the meal portions on a cruise ship were huge. Those days are gone. Which is not to say that the portions aren't adequate.

When you consider that there are appetizers, soups and salads, entrée w/potato and vegetable, desserts---there's plenty of food. You can also order multiples of any (or all) courses.

And on the last formal night, the stewards fully expect there will

be requests for extra lobster tails, and will probably bring a plate of them without asking.

Archived