Termini to Civitavecchia--multiple station names; which one to choose?

mikeerdas

When I booked my train ticket from Termini to Civitavecchia, there was more than one station to choose from. "Civitavecchia" and at least one other--"Civitavecchia Maritime" (I think). I went with the simpler "Civitavecchia." Which is correct? Martime is obviously sea-related, but I didn't know if that was perhaps another, more industrial port area? Found it a little confusing. Will I need to buy a new ticket or can I stick with the "Civitavecchia" station ones I already have? I have never heard anyone mention there being more than one train station stop for Civitavecchia.

Thanks.

The following post seems to indicate that the correct station is simply named "Civitavecchia." I have read an excellent "Italy Trains" web site, but it seems to mention some of the other Civ options and to ignore them, indicating "Civitavecchia" is the correct one for cruise ship terminal.

Still wondering about how to find the correct pier, or will it be completely obvious? At Port Canaveral, it didn't seem as easy--at least taking a taxi. The driver had no clue which ship was at each pier, and I don't believe you could easily walk from one to the other--but then I may be misremembering or misinformed by the taxi driver at Port Canaveral.

It is the regular station. Was just there, the name was clearly Civitavecchia, and it's the main station.

IF you are going to walk to the ship. Exit out the front of the station, cross the street and turn right and walk several blocks. The water will be on your left side. There will be a MacDonalds on the right (only a visual reference- do not cross the street to it, the bus loading is still on the left side of this street), that is the bus pick up for the ships. Signs are in the front window of the bus indicating the ship.

We took the train to Civitivecchia. The only problem (other than reserving a specific seat on the train, which we did not do) was that we had to carry our heavy luggage from the train tracks in the small Civitivecchia station down stairs to walk under tracks and then back upstairs. Once we were in the station we took a short taxi ride to the dock with no problem.

We took the train to Civitivecchia. The only problem (other than reserving a specific seat on the train, which we did not do) was that we had to carry our heavy luggage from the train tracks in the small Civitivecchia station down stairs to walk under tracks and then back upstairs. Once we were in the station we took a short taxi ride to the dock with no problem.

The stairs were our only problem also.

If you decide to to walk to the port from the station (about 10 minutes,) walk through the station parking lot before crossing the street. Otherwise, you will need to take your bags down another set of stairs.

Also, look for a man with a cart. He charges 1 euro per bag to take your bags to/from the port. Even with wheels, its well worth it not to drag your bags, especially when its hot.

Archived