Inaugural sailin ?

Partyatsea

We just booked the Epic TA and are wondering what is considered the inaugural sailing? The first Caribbean sailing July 10th or the June 24th TA? Thanks!

Neither The TA will be pre-inaugural and July 10th post-inaugural. The true inaugural will be the night or nights after the christening. It will be as always by invitation only and that is the cruise with all the perks and is free. The other two will be for the most part like any other Epic cruise. I did the first real revenue cruise on the Gem and Pearl and first TA on the Jewel. They were special for me but nothing special done onboard. Not even a t-shirt. There will be plenty you can buy in the gift shop with inaugural season stamped on them.

BTW Welcome aboard the TA - we are going to have a blast.

Since the TA is called the PRE and the first Caribbean cruise on 7/10 is called the POST I guess zipping around the Hudson River doing PR or making it's way down to Miami in between is the REAL inaugural. Sounds kind of silly to me but then why don't we really nit-pick it and decide between the MAIDEN VOYAGE or the INAUGURAL SAILING ! :)

Since the TA is called the PRE and the first Caribbean cruise on 7/10 is called the POST I guess zipping around the Hudson River doing PR or making it's way down to Miami in between is the REAL inaugural. Sounds kind of silly to me but then why don't we really nit-pick it and decide between the MAIDEN VOYAGE or the INAUGURAL SAILING ! :)

The only ones nit-picking about MAIDEN VOYAGE or the INAUGURAL are the folks here. NCL will announce the INAUGURAL and invite the quest to fill the ship. The fact is does it really matter. I am happy to do the first TA. Others are happy to do the first Eastern, another full ship happy to do the first Western.

Letter is recieved from NCL regarding my priority choice to change travel dates on the EPIC from 7/17/10 to 7/10/10.

Fom: Crane Gladding, Senior Vice President, Passenger Services & Revenue Management, Norwegian Cruise Lines

Header:

ANNOUNCEMENT

NORWEGIAN EPIC'S MAIDEN CARIBBEAN VOYAGE

JULY 10, 2010

Maybe Mr. Gladding the Vice President at NCL doesn't have it right either !

Letter is recieved from NCL regarding my priority choice to change travel dates on the EPIC from 7/17/10 to 7/10/10.

Fom: Crane Gladding, Senior Vice President, Passenger Services & Revenue Management, Norwegian Cruise Lines

Header:

ANNOUNCEMENT

JULY 10, 2010

What are you trying to say, here?

Mr. Gladding has announced the maiden caribbean voyage....that is accurately stated as 7/10/10.

It is not the maiden sailing, nor the inaugural sailing. Nor the first sailing, nor the first transatlantic, nor the maiden European sailing.

It is the maiden caribbean sailing.

Header:

ANNOUNCEMENT

JULY 10, 2010

What are you trying to say, here?

Mr. Gladding has announced the maiden caribbean voyage....that is accurately stated as 7/10/10.

It is not the maiden sailing, nor the inaugural sailing. Nor the first sailing, nor the first transatlantic, nor the maiden European sailing.

It is the maiden caribbean sailing.

Exactly. We will be on the maiden transatlantic, those on 7/10 the maiden caribbean, and you could add those on 7/24 the maiden western caribbean Epic cruise.

• 3 weeks later...
We'd like one too! Heck, we'll already be ON THE SHIP.... :)

I will be calling my PCC on Monday and begging for an invitation. As we will already be on board, there is no reason to get off!

See yall on the TA!

Dennis & Bryan

PS : any reps from NCL...plz plz plz....this would really make our first cruise even more memorable!!!!!:D:eek::D

I fear we can beg all we want but none of us will be on these cruises unless you are an agency owner, high production TA, or key person in the travel industry or media.

I pulled every string I had to stay on the Gem Inaugural after I had an invitation in hand that was sent by mistake when they were testing email invitation system. No luck but lots of we are sorry emails from the NCL executives :(

I will be calling my PCC on Monday and begging for an invitation. As we will already be on board, there is no reason to get off!

See yall on the TA!

Dennis & Bryan

PS : any reps from NCL...plz plz plz....this would really make our first cruise even more memorable!!!!!:D:eek::D

I fear we can beg all we want but none of us will be on these cruises unless you are an agency owner, high production TA, or key person in the travel industry or media.

I pulled every string I had to stay on the Gem Inaugural after I had an invitation in hand that was sent by mistake when they were testing email invitation system. No luck but lots of we are sorry emails from the NCL executives :(

well, it's nice to dream though, right? ;) It would be so much easier to stay on a few extra little nights........:D

• 5 months later...

The 4th of July event is a "Macy's Event"...Therefore, the majority of the cabins (95%) will be occupied by their VIP clients..Not NCL...However, NCL will have a few cabins that will be reserved for employees and "other"...

Well I shop at Macy's, sometimes! Does that qualify me for that cruise? I hate to wait till Oct to see the ship!! Can't wait for real reviews and pictures.;)

That would be a Macy's question. This ship is going to ROCK!!! So excited about her..

The 4th of July event is a "Macy's Event"...Therefore, the majority of the cabins (95%) will be occupied by their VIP clients..Not NCL...However, NCL will have a few cabins that will be reserved for employees and "other"...

May I ask where you received this information? Is there a link we could go to??

May I ask where you received this information? Is there a link we could go to??

From a meeting I attending this past week in Miami, with NCL. At this time I don't believe there is a link. If there is one it would be a Macy's link because this is about them not NCL. NCL will get a lot of press from it but the ship is chartered out to Macy's...

From a meeting I attending this past week in Miami, with NCL. At this time I don't believe there is a link. If there is one it would be a Macy's link because this is about them not NCL. NCL will get a lot of press from it but the ship is chartered out to Macy's...

Thanks! :)

I believe there are MULTIPLE inaugural cruises. I believe the first PAID cruise is Rotterdam to Southampton. We are booked on that and it says "inaugural" on our invoice.

I know there are others, and not pretending this is the "first". Just sayin what it says.

For sure, the first cruise of more than two days is the one from Southampton to New York on June 24th.

Maiden, first, trans Atlantic, inaugural, whatever.

Archived