What not to pack?

OverTheTop

Ok besides the kitchen sink what would you not bother packing for your cruise? Humourous and serious replies welcome!

I fear if I take everything from all those packing lists we will never be able to lift the suitcases! How many bags would you take for eight nights? For how many people? I know everyone takes too many clothes - how much is enough?

I won't be packing:

1. Anything work related.:D
  2. Hat clips - famous last words as my hat blows off into the deep blue yonder!:rolleyes:
  3. Wrinkle Release Spray - although I admit I did look for it:o and I reserve the right to change my mind :D - does anyone take this - where do you get it?

Angela (who is blissfully trying to pack for her first cruise!)

Ok besides the kitchen sink what would you not bother packing for your cruise? Humourous and serious replies welcome!

I fear if I take everything from all those packing lists we will never be able to lift the suitcases! How many bags would you take for eight nights? For how many people? I know everyone takes too many clothes - how much is enough?

I won't be packing:

2. Hat clips - famous last words as my hat blows off into the deep blue yonder!:rolleyes:
  3. Wrinkle Release Spray - although I admit I did look for it:o and I reserve the right to change my mind :D - does anyone take this - where do you get it?

Hi Angela

What a crack up :D.

The only thing I can think of is - don't take beach towels as they are supplied onboard.

I won't be packing:

Deep breaths Angela :D

We have packed one suitcase each and we have a small backpack each as our 'carry on'.

I can sound really knowledgeable about all this because I discussed it with Rose earlier today. ;)

My wrinkle release spray is the shower. Hang the clothes in the bathroom before you put them on to be 'steamed'. Works a treat!

Cheers

Clive

Don't take too many shoes you won't wear them all....I didn't, lived in thongs and only had good dress shoes for formal night, had a pair of ballet flats that went with everything else and one pair of sneakers.

As well as pegs I took and left behind a few wire coathangers for hanging clothes in the shower.

Don't forget to roll your clothes when packing it helps keep the creasing down. I found also that putting clothes on hangers, covering with a dry cleaning bag ( you know the plastic ones) then puting in the suitcase was great....something about those bags!!! I had no wrinkles in them thar clothes at all!!

Have a great cruise and can't wait to hear all about it when you get back. :)

Talking about laundry, I got one of those pegless clothes lines from Big W. After having a serious look at it, I think I'll be taking pegs as well. It looked a bit fiddly/ difficult when I tried to push fabric into the twists. Is it in fact quite easy once you get the knack? Who likes them/uses them?

BTW, I'm not taking a hair dryer, thermos mugs, duct tape or the TV guide ;).

Cheers,

Anna

There are a few things we are not taking...

Mobile phones are out

my 4 sons and thier partners :)

my daughter ;)

My 2 step daughters and thier partners :rolleyes:

and my 2 step sons and 1 partner. :D

I want a peaceful holiday :p

Cheers

Ellen :cool:

:)

Talking about laundry, I got one of those pegless clothes lines from Big W. After having a serious look at it, I think I'll be taking pegs as well. It looked a bit fiddly/ difficult when I tried to push fabric into the twists. Is it in fact quite easy once you get the knack? Who likes them/uses them?

BTW, I'm not taking a hair dryer, thermos mugs, duct tape or the TV guide ;).

Cheers,

Anna

Hahahaha........but I bet all the men would take the TV remote if they could....;);).....just for comfort...hehehe

Jillybean:)

I use the pegless closeline all the time. Just remember it can be hard to find the right distance objects to hook them on to. I now take two and join them together or not depending on the configuration.

I'm already thinking about that scenario. The tiny hooks wouldn't fit around too may things in the cabin, so I'll need some ties as well....and will take a few pegs as well.

Cheers,

Anna

I always take one of those small round plastic hangers with the attached pegs you can buy at the two dollar shop great for hanging smalls etc. in bathroom.

What not to take.....a bad attitude....don't let the small things bother you, be considerate, choose to be happy and you will have a great cruise:p:p

I won't be packing:

Wow Angela, not long now!!! :)

I would recommend to ensure that you pack essentials (passports, documents, cameras, phone, batteries, medication, valuables) in carry on luggage that you carry on to the ship with you. Also pack in your carry on luggage any items that you will need in your first few hours, as the luggage may take a while to arrive at your room.

I have often read of recommendations to take duct tape or those over the door pocket hanger storage things. I have personally never taken these, and never felt the need to have them.

Hair dryers are provided but if you have thick or long hair, I would suggest to take your own as the hairdryer in the room isn't the best. Hair straightners are not provided.

Some things to remember TO TAKE:

Passports, cruise tickets, flight tickets, travel insurance documents, local currency, cash and credit cards, camera, memory cards, batteries, phone, phone charger, sea sickness tablets!

Hope you have a fantastic first cruise. I'm sure you will and are well prepared from all the info on CC. Look forward to hearing about your cruise from a first-time-cruisers perspective! Happy Cruising :)

I take one of these round hangers. They are useful to hang small items up to dry in the bathroom. You can either hang it on the clothes line in the shower, or I think there is a hook on the inside door of the bathroom.

I found it useful to dry out swimwear. These hangers are cheap and you can find them at Kmart or $2 Dollar Shops.

31Xthf4B6ML._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I take one of these round hangers. They are useful to hang small items up to dry in the bathroom. You can either hang it on the clothes line in the shower, or I think there is a hook on the inside door of the bathroom.

I found it useful to dry out swimwear. These hangers are cheap and you can find them at Kmart or $2 Dollar Shops.

31Xthf4B6ML._SL500_AA280_.jpg

yes so do we much better then what they have in both rooms

Archived