Balcony C246 or C705 on Ruby Princess

Jewel22

Hi,

I have been lurking on this board and have gotten so much information, I was hoping for some advice on our cabin. We just booked on the Ruby Princess in March in a balcony cabin C246. After reading posts about forward cabins, I am thinking we should maybe move to an aft cabin. C705 is available, what are opinions about moving. This would be a move from port/forward to starboard/aft. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help!

I have been lurking on this board and have gotten so much information, I was hoping for some advice on our cabin. We just booked on the Ruby Princess in March in a balcony cabin C246. After reading posts about forward cabins, I am thinking we should maybe move to an aft cabin. C705 is available, what are opinions about moving. This would be a move from port/forward to starboard/aft. Any opinions would be appreciated.
Given a choice, I will always opt for an aft cabin over a forward cabin. Motion doesn't bother me but it does for some people and if you're bothered, an aft cabin will have less movement. Also, the aft cabin is closer to the things I like to do, i.e., the buffet, dining room, etc. When I'm on a cruise, I rarely go further forward than mid-ship other than to the Wheelhouse to meet for a ship's tour or the occasional show in the Princess theater.

Hello,

I recently booked on the Ruby.

You can look up these cabins on the deck plans at Princess.com

Go there and get better familiarized with the ship! ;)

Here is a link to the Caribe Deck.

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/ru/deck_plans/index.html

You probably know that Caribe is desired for it's large half-covered balconies!

Okay, To reach the anytime dining rooms, you will need to go down on the mid-ship panoramic lifts....

The Boticelli "traditional seating" dining room is far aft, and I think it can be reached by going down the aft elevators, right outside the door of C705.

C705 is a good location, AFT on Caribe, except for maybe some possible foot-traffic from the lifts/elevators right there.

NOTE: if you are looking at the Princess online booking, then it will only show select cabins... So, it might pay off to call and see if there are other balcony cabins AFT on Caribe that are not right there at the elevator lobby.

Happy Cruising!

Thank you, Pam. I am thinking it might be best if we move to the aft cabin. Are all of the dining rooms in the back of the ship? We have anytime dining.
The Anytime dining rooms are mid-ship, accessible from the Atrium.

Thanks for the reply. I hadn't thought about the fact that the elevators were right outside the cabin. I think I will call Princess tomorrow.
I have had many cabins right near the elevators and have rarely had any noise or disturbance. Heck, on my recent Crown Princess cruise, I was pretty far aft yet the kids across the hall partied every night until 2 - 3am. It was awful.

Archived