What coincidences have you encountered on your cruises? ;-)

fridaythecat.u.k.

I took my husband on a suprise 2 nighter (he knew we were travelling to Sydney for the weekend, but didn't know what we were going to do once we got there). On the plane for Brisbane to Sydney a young lad sat next to me and as this was his first flight he was VERY chatty (nerves I guess). At one stage he said to me "We're going on a cruise - are you going on the cruise?". I cut him quite short and said no. My husband gave me quite a look for being so rude and when we got off the flight continued with something similar to "I know that kid talked a lot, but you really cut him short when he asked the question about the cruise boat". My husband had no idea why until our driver pulled up outside the cruise terminal to advise him that it was time he got out as he was going on a cruise. Then the penny dropped! We bumped into the young lad quite a few times on the cruise and he gave me some strange looks!!

Hi Everyone,

I have have read thru this thread, some funny things do happen.

On my first cruise ( honeymoon with 2nd husband ) ,

Much to my horror saw ex-in-laws going into the cabin next door, oh no.. wasn't my idea of a great time ,with them just next door ... decided not to tell new DH who I had seen....

New DH went of to get coffee, when he returned said "I found a lovely couple to have drinks with after dinner"...guess who he had meet ...very uncomfortable after dinner drinks that night ...they were good about it and didn't let on that they knew me .. ran into nearly every day ,DH couldn't understand why I didnt want have more drinks with them..very uncomfortable feeling at the time.

Then at Xmas last year one of my mum's friends ( my ex-boss) left her car at mum's so that she could go on a cruise she didn't tell mum which cruise ,so mum didn't mention it to me ...same cruise that we were on , we ran into each other nearly every day ...came home in the same plane .

Just as well we were friends .

Cheers Deb

On our trans-Panama Canal cruise on the Celebrity MIllenium, we sat down to dinner the first night with 2 other couples- really nice people. Introductions were made all around, and, as things would have it, we started talking about our jobs. One man and I had remarkably similiar jobs- doing customer support while working at home.

To make a long story short, we worked for the same company, he worked in Ft Lauderdale, and I was in an Atlanta suburb. We tried not to 'talk shop', but it was just unaviodable. Meanwhile, the thrid couple looked mighty confused.

You know the saying 'Don't worry what you do on a cruise, you'll probably never see these people again'? Flash forward about 4 years, we had moved to the St Petersburg, FL area, and were attending a free outdoor concert. I see this woman,and think 'I've seen her before', but just couldn't place her. Then, she is joined by her husband, and now, I recognized them as the same couple we met on the cruise. I even remembered their names, quite a feat for me.

We all had a good laugh about that

My DW and I were on the CB cruise April 2008. We were sitting by the aft pool when I happened to bump into a parolee. I am a PO.

While in Cozumel, we went to Chankanaab National Park and sat under an umbrella enjoying the sun and beach when quess who shows up next to us. The ex con. :eek:

Oops! Ouch!

Archived