Weather in Bahamas in Dec./Jan. still hot??

party-of-5-ny

Hi,

My husband and I are in great need of a short getaway, and are thinking of booking the Monarch or Majesty, for either mid December or early January.

I'm wondering if it's still "hot" enough for snorkeling and sunning?? Also, will the seas be "rough" at that time?

I'd love to hear from someone whose cruised during that time. I've been trying to read member reviews from that time period, but sometimes reading those things get me nervous, (people complaining...) so I usually don't read them.

Thanks!

It can be chilly in Florida - so the first day can be cold. We've had 50ish weather on sailaway over the long weekend in January. By the time we get to the Bahamas the weather is usually very nice - like upper 70s and low 80s. The water in the Bahamas will be cooler than it is in September, but warmer than it ever is on the west coast!

Our experience in the Bahamas in January has not been good. Each time we've been there that time of year, it's chilly and the water was too cool to swim comfortably. Even if you are brave enough to go into the water, it's chilly when you get out of the water. This has happened every single time we've been in Bahamas in JanuaryFeb.

The best weather we've had is in September/October and April timeframe.

The seas are hit or miss. The time of year you are going shouldn't mean rougher seas.

My Mom and I went to the Bahamas middle of January last year on Norweigan and it was Awful. The water was rough we Never put our bathing suites on, It was to cold to sun bathe or even get in the pool. All of our pictures we have jackets on. We missed one of our ports because of the weather. Because of our experience last year i do not ever want to go back to the Bahamas. IT was beautiful but waaaay to cold to enjoy. It was more fun and better weather in Miami to be honest.:(

Thanks! We live in Buffalo NY, so I'm sure we'll welcome the sunshine!!

;) Hello from Hamburg !!! We are sailing on the Celebrity Solstice next Jan 10 to the 24th. Most of the cruises we have taken have been in January and

we have had very nice weather in the Caribbean. Just make the best of it -

no one can control Mother nature. Sure beats leaving the cold and snow behind IMO :cool:

My Mom and I went to the Bahamas middle of January last year on Norweigan and it was Awful. The water was rough we Never put our bathing suites on, It was to cold to sun bathe or even get in the pool. All of our pictures we have jackets on. We missed one of our ports because of the weather. Because of our experience last year i do not ever want to go back to the Bahamas. IT was beautiful but waaaay to cold to enjoy. It was more fun and better weather in Miami to be honest.:(

That was a fluke, normally it's not like that at all, but it happens when a strong cold front comes down. Normally in January it's dry, sunny and gorgeous.

Archived