9/06 Star Princess Review

camarodrivenrs

We were on this ship in August and felt it was one of our better cruises.

We went for the awsome scenery and that is what we got. As far as the towns were concerned, to me it was a spot to get off the ship and then explore. Had I wanted to shop, Alaska wouldn't have been my choice. so didn't matter who owned the town. seeing the salmon running in those streams and hiking in Ketchikan. Whale watching and exploring glaciers . Going Into the Yukon with the breathtaking scenery (from Skagway), is what that cruise was about.

This was our third trip to Alaska and won't be our last.

We had the same problem with our cabin door. Had to really make sure it clicked each time we closed it. Other than that, we had a wonderful time on the Star with excellent service and enjoyed all the ports. Our cruise was at the beginning of the season so maybe the staff was more attentive. I do agree that without the cruise lines the ports would be ghost towns with little or no employment available.

Dont get me wrong I really enjoyed the scenery and everything. I guess the more and more I think about it Skagway was my least favorite as there really was nothing there. I like to see different cultures and experiences when I travel thats more where I'm coming from on the towns being fake- just didnt feel any alaskan culture, it almost felt like being at Disney's Epcot when you visit the different fake countries. I will go to Alaska again but I dont think it will be a cruise, I think the way to go would be flight hopping central Alaska although more expensive.

Archived