Corfu

Petoonya

I may not be the best person to answer, as my husband and I needed "Corfu Transportation for Dummies", but here goes. We took a free shuttle from where the ship docked to the main port area. We were told that there was another free shuttle from there into the old city, but we couldn't find it, so we walked.

We coiuldn't find it on the way back either, so we took the very cheap city bus from the old city back to the port. Then, we couldn't find the free shuttle to the ship, so we walked.

We did find the free transportation bus that was provided by the local tourism bureau. Oceania did not have its own free bus on our cruise. On the way back it was just my wife and that took the bus from the park to the cruise terminal. Seems like a lot of people had difficulty finding it.

Thanks much to you both for your help. Dh and I are visually challenged- I can't see car keys when I am looking right at them. No doubt we will have trouble finding the shuttle too- sounds like you both enjoyed your day tho.

Thanks kindly :)

Hi: I just checked my notes from our stop in Corfu......we were not made aware of the free shuttle bus, provided by the local Chamber of Commerce, before we left the ship. It seemed to be a case of asking the right question, and we obviouisly didn't. We shared a cab on the dock with another couple, arranging for a stop at the Achillan Palace and photo overlook of Mouse Island, then returning us to the Old Town. We thought we paid a fair price, but actually didn't when we compared notes with other passengers. The cab drivers seemed to make up prices on the spot. (Unlike Valetta, Malta, where the prices are pre-set and posted.) Anyway, we walked back to the dock area along the waterfront promenade, which was quite beautiful, though tiring. Arrriving at Customs was the first time we learned about the free shuttle. Still, took lots of good photos along the way!!! Enjoy your trip!

I may not be the best person to answer, as my husband and I needed "Corfu Transportation for Dummies", but here goes. We took a free shuttle from where the ship docked to the main port area. We were told that there was another free shuttle from there into the old city, but we couldn't find it, so we walked.

We coiuldn't find it on the way back either, so we took the very cheap city bus from the old city back to the port. Then, we couldn't find the free shuttle to the ship, so we walked.

But it really didn't go very far.. just to the exit to the port.. where there are alot of taxis waiting if you want them.

If you want to pre arrange a tour the guy who runs the whole taxi thing is named Dimitrius and he can email you their tours. It was pretty reasonable something like 30US per hour w/ 3 hour tour minimum which takes you to the palace and all around the island ( pretty much the tours the ship gives all of

them combined and in Mercedes rather than on a big bus..

email:

taix115@in.gr

Archived