Ft Lauderdale Hotel

broadway13

This message is for ShareCruises or anyone else that is familiar with FLL.

Do you know where the nearest Cheesecake Factory is to the laquinta Inn located on 2620 North 26th Ave., Hollywood, FL 33020?

The nearest is on Las Olas Blvd. in Fort Lauderdale. There are also Cheesecakes at Aventura Mall and Sawgrass Mills Mall, and on Glades Rd in Boca Raton.

Looks great!! I am looking for a place to stay pre-cruise to the Miracle in 2011.

But I could not find on the site anything about airport or port transportation. Do they provided transportation from the airport and to the port??

The Hilton Marina does not provide free shuttles. None of the 4* hotels in the area do.

We booked Hyatt place thru Hyatt for $80. A couple weeks later they sent an e-mail for 30% off so I booked the new one and canceled the old one. Staying there for $69. Was trying priceline and wasn't getting what I wanted. Several of our Roll Callers are staying the night before so we will be able to meet up before the ship. I can hardly wait!

The Hyatt Place is a wonderful hotel. It's on 17th Street also. They offer free shuttles from the airport and to the port (you have to sign up on the list for the port shuttle). We've stayed here twice. The staff is extremely nice also. Try valuetrips.com for the best price.

I used priceline and got the Hyatt Place for March 27th for $70 (bid price) + taxes. Considering the transfers and complimentary breakfast, this seems to be a good deal!

A~

Thanks!!! How much is the bus system there?

I would not take the public bus from Hollywood to Fort Lauderdale...You have to transfer. But if you do, it is bus 12 east on Sheridan St. to bus 1 north at Federal Hwy/route1. It is $1.50 per ride plus transfer fees (I'm not sure how much that is), or $3.50 for an all-day pass. You need exact change. Here are maps: http://www.broward.org/bct/

I would not take the public bus from Hollywood to Fort Lauderdale...You have to transfer. But if you do, it is bus 12 east on Sheridan St. to bus 1 north at Federal Hwy/route1. It is $1.50 per ride plus transfer fees (I'm not sure how much that is), or $3.50 for an all-day pass. You need exact change. Here are maps: http://www.broward.org/bct/

Thanks. Do you know if there is a Walgreens or similiar by the LaQuinta Inn I listed above (walking distance?). Also, what resturants are by there? I have heard it is not the best neighborhood.

Thanks. Do you know if there is a Walgreens or similiar by the LaQuinta Inn I listed above (walking distance?). Also, what resturants are by there? I have heard it is not the best neighborhood.

There are no drug stores there, but there is a Kmart in Oakwood Plaza...it might be a half mile away. Restaurants: Ale House, Dave & Busters, Sweet Tomatoes, Fridays. As far as the neighborhood, I would not choose to live there, but it's fine for a one-night stay.

Archived