Using Disney Magical Express Prior to Departure

tggs726

Ok here is my idea, cant seem to find answers if it will work. can anyone confirm if this would work?

Staying in Disney's All-Star Movies resort for 4 nights prior to our Carnival Dream cruise in July.

I plan on using Disney's magical express to get from MCO to Disney. My thought was that i would take the DME back to MCO on the day prior to our departure and rent a car to drive to the port. Now i know we could do this on the day of our departure from Disney but seems way to hectic for me the day the cruise leaves and would prefer to get the car the day before and just leave direct from the resort to the port.

Any advice? TIA

Can you do DME the day before you check out? I thought it was only available on check in/out day. I assume you have researched the cost of a rental car the day before vs taking DME to MCO and taking a shuttle (cruise line or otherwise) from MCO to the port. If it were me I would not want to waste my last full day at WDW going back and forth from MCO. I would also look at the cost of a cab/shuttle from WDW to the port directly. May be worth it if you don't have to deal with MCO on the day you leave for your cruise.

Got it all figured out.

Going to take the DME from MCO to Disney when we arrive. Then im going to rent a car from Budget at the DoubleTree in downtown Disney the night before the cruise and drive to the port in the morning. This makes it possible to avoid the DME and MCO the day of the cruise. The cost was around what we could pay for a one way transfer for 2 of us from MCO to Port canaveral. Now however we can head to the port when we want and not have to sit around for busses to fill up and what not.

After the cruise i think we may take a carnival transfer because im sure i wont be in the mood to drive.

Archived