Ship time or local port time?

brokenarrowhd

Does anyone know when the Spirit goes to Canada will it remain on ship time or change to the local port time? It will pass through several time zones.

On virtually all my ncl cruises the ships time is changed to conform to local time. Check the daily bulletin for details, usually on top of the front page.

Based on your ports I would say. over night between Bar Harbor and St John you will change the clocks.

Then again overnight between Sydney and La Baie or on the sea night you will change them back.

However, on this thread posted earlier this week, it was reported that at least last year, the ship did NOT change to local time on cruises to Canada.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1062559

And, although it was not NCL, on the two cruises to Atlantic Canada I took on Carnival, the ships did not change to local time.

You'll just have to pay close attention to the Freestyle Daily, which will inform you of any time zone changes.

CC is a very valuable source of information but if the information you are seeking is very important ie; returning to the ship before it sails then I recommend you look at your daily's. Sometimes the ship does not change it's time so that shore time may be an hour behind....then you miss the ship. Pay close attention to this and if you are concerned go to the pursers desk and ask.. and get names!

Happy sails :)

CC is a very valuable source of information but if the information you are seeking is very important ie; returning to the ship before it sails then I recommend you look at your daily's. Sometimes the ship does not change it's time so that shore time may be an hour behind....then you miss the ship. Pay close attention to this and if you are concerned go to the pursers desk and ask.. and get names!

Happy sails :)

Thanks, I'm trying to meet up with people in Halifax and make the plans before I get on the ship Friday.

Archived