Segway Tour in Bermuda

eddiesgal

Well, DH and I aren't much for excursions as we enjoy going out on our own, however Grandeur has a Dockyard Segway tour in Bermuda and we've decided to give it a try. I've read many positive experiences on this site concerning Segways, however has anyone ever had any bad experiences with them? Just curious:confused:

thanks in advance for your kind responses.:)

Well, DH and I aren't much for excursions as we enjoy going out on our own, however Grandeur has a Dockyard Segway tour in Bermuda and we've decided to give it a try. I've read many positive experiences on this site concerning Segways, however has anyone ever had any bad experiences with them? Just curious:confused:

thanks in advance for your kind responses.:)

I did the Segway tour at the Dockyard. One of the folks on our tour crashed her Segway. (She clipped the base of a light pole.) She wasn't hurt, though she did take a pretty good tumble. The Segway suffered minor damage.

Your lower legs/ankles will get tired, those are the muscles you use to control the Segway.

Hi,

My wife, son and myself did the Segway tour at Kingswharf.....Loved it. The only problem it was booked as a 2 hr excursion...... you are actually only on the segway for about an hour. Very easy to ride. Thought my wife was going to have a problem but she did an great job!

:)

Hi,

My wife, son and myself did the Segway tour at Kingswharf.....Loved it. The only problem it was booked as a 2 hr excursion...... you are actually only on the Segway for about an hour. Very easy to ride. Thought my wife was going to have a problem but she did an great job!

:)

I agree, two hour tour was really an hour. Loved the tour, a little pricey for an hour ride. Booked the Segway tour in San Juan, PR. Well worth the $$, Juan was awesome!

• 3 months later...
I checked both online and with RCI and since booking on our own was only a few dollars less we decided to just go with the ships tour.

We'll be on EOS in May. Didn't see any excursions for Kings Wharf at all via RCL. ??

I checked both online and with RCI and since booking on our own was only a few dollars less we decided to just go with the ships tour.

Thanks. That's wierd. When I logged on before, and selected my cruise, it said they didn't offer excursions in Bermuda. I thought it was odd...

• 2 weeks later...

We did the Segway tour in St. George about 18 months ago. It was very nice, great guide, wonderful scenery, toured a ruined fort. One woman did have a little mishap - I think her husband cut her off, and she fell off. Not hurt. We didn't reserve through the ship, since it was cheaper to just go directly to the rental shop. I know most ships are docking in Dockyard now - don't know how the tour is there, but I think it would be worth it if you're there for a few days to go over to St. George and do the Segway tour there.

Archived