Past Guest's Party

southbayer

They had the past guest party last week on the Valor, although we probably won't go again. It was held in the main theater and was packed. The one drink I had was horrible. Tasted like water and sugar. I have better things to do with my time.

Only the free drinks at the Captain's party is going away. Free drinks will be available at the Farewell party on the last night. Past guest party is not affected.

Dave

Is going away or has gone away? I leave on Saturday and can't think of another reason to attend a the Captain's party besides the free drinks.

It's the free booze at the Captain's Party that's been done away with. PG party is still a go.

I just returned from my cruise on the Freedom (it will be two weeks next Saturday that I returned). The booze and munches were still being served a plenty.

No Past Guest party on 3 or 4 day cruises. (which means no past cruiser pins) :(

Apparently you did not get the memo.......ship pins are being phased out fleetwide for ALL sailings. Only Platinum guests will now receive them. At the end of October, the ship pins will become available for sale in the gift shops for those passengers who are not Platinum.

Dave

No, not doing away with it at all. I do suggest when the drinks come around that you grad two or three because I only got ONE free drink and I was there for a good 45 minutes!!!!! I kept on waiting for someone with a drink I wanted and no one had any.....egads!!!!! I got enough canapes

Free drinks are gone. We didn't even attend. We did go to past guest and farewell party. You can get free drinks there indeed.

I see that you were just on the Fascination. We are leaving on Monday for the key west/ nassau itinerary. When was the past guest party and the farewell party held?

Apparently you did not get the memo.......ship pins are being phased out fleetwide for ALL sailings. Only Platinum guests will now receive them. At the end of October, the ship pins will become available for sale in the gift shops for those passengers who are not Platinum.

Dave

Must be new rule- cause I got my Sensation pin at the past guest party in Sept- I'm not Platinum yet

The 'new' format was effective as of Sept 12th - so if you cruised before that date everything was status quo. Since that date:

1) no more free drinks at Captain's welcome aboard party - $1 off all drinks at all promenade bars

2) new 'farewell' party with free drinks last night of cruise from 5-6 pm

Past guest party remains 'as is' -except pins now for purchase except for Platinum cruisers.

Hope that answers all the questions!

Sorry if this has been already answered however I am still a little confused:confused: about my specific sailing.

We will be on the Carnival Sensation 3 day leaving 10/15. Is there a past guest party for the 3 day? If so, there are four of us going my DH and I are past guest the other couple is not. Is the invite for you and a guest, so we can bring them with us?

Thanks

Sorry if this has been already answered however I am still a little confused:confused: about my specific sailing.

We will be on the Carnival Sensation 3 day leaving 10/15. Is there a past guest party for the 3 day? If so, there are four of us going my DH and I are past guest the other couple is not. Is the invite for you and a guest, so we can bring them with us?

Thanks

No, repeat parties are just for those who have sailed Carnival previously, but I'm not sure if they even have one on a 3 night.

We just came back 9/13 to 9/21 on miracle. The captain's party had discounted drinks. The captains farewell party on last night for one hour had free drinks. The past cruiser party had free drinks. We did receive the pins in our stateroom. I did watch on the captains farewell party one of the top guys was watching the waitstaff making sure everyone had a drink. The wait staff did walk around a lot giving out food and drinks. We asked for virgin strawberry dacquiris and got them. The two of us got three of them each.

I see that you were just on the Fascination. We are leaving on Monday for the key west/ nassau itinerary. When was the past guest party and the farewell party held?

Past Guest Party was on Monday so that was our 3rd day(well second full day) on the boat,the Farewell party is the day before you get off:(

Archived