GTY vs. JS

glo1196

On my January Navigator 5 day cruise there is only $4 difference between the GTY and the JS. Isn't that unusual? I am taking the risk and doing the GTY for $699 and hoping for something better than JS. If not there really isn't a bad JS room right? According to another website that list many of the rooms all the JS's are all on the 10th & 9th floors and 3 cabins on the 6th floor, that are left. There really doesn't seem to be a bad room in the lot, right? So even if we "just" get a JS (of which 49 still available) I will be thrilled!

PS. There are a ton of GS available and half the OS still available! Keeping my fingers crossed! A real good price drop would be cool if not an upgrade...either or would be nice. LOL I am not picky ;)

With 49 JS's available it's doubtful you will get anything other than a JS...I would pick my cabin and go with a assigned JS for $4.....your chances of an upgrade are going to be about as good as your chances of going with a JS GTY and getting something higher.

Unless there is a great cabin availalbe (any hump JS would qualify except for the connecting ones) I would go with the guarantee, although I think your chances of scoring a full suite are slim. If they assign you a JS cabin you don't like (I'm thinking of the Deck 6 ones), you can change within the JS category if there are any left.

On my January Navigator 5 day cruise there is only $4 difference between the GTY and the JS. Isn't that unusual? I am taking the risk and doing the GTY for $699 and hoping for something better than JS. If not there really isn't a bad JS room right? According to another website that list many of the rooms all the JS's are all on the 10th & 9th floors and 3 cabins on the 6th floor, that are left. There really doesn't seem to be a bad room in the lot, right? So even if we "just" get a JS (of which 49 still available) I will be thrilled!

PS. There are a ton of GS available and half the OS still available! Keeping my fingers crossed! A real good price drop would be cool if not an upgrade...either or would be nice. LOL I am not picky ;)

Are you speaking of a JS "guarantee" ??? Or a different Category GTY ??

Kinda confusing and does not allow to give an answer appropriate to your question.

We are on the January 21 sailing. There are 20 GS suites left empty, only one of those shows as sold. There are 4 out of 8 OS suites empty. I will be thrilled with whatever suite including a JS we get. I will take the risk why not! :) The GTY category is W

We are on the January 21 sailing. There are 20 GS suites left empty, only one of those shows as sold. There are 4 out of 8 OS suites empty. I will be thrilled with whatever suite including a JS we get. I will take the risk why not! :) The GTY category is W

January 21st on the Navigator is a 4 night cruise, not 5 night.

4-night Caribbean - Western (Miami roundtrip) Navigator of the Seas

Port of departure:

Miami

Start date:

Thu 01/21/10Port of return:

Miami

End date:

Mon 01/25/10

GTY Category "W" is a Superior balcony cabin guarantee

I would go with the JS stateroom because with the "W" GTY, you will be in a D3 or Higher, but not necessarily a JS or better.

Ooops :) sorry yes, I am going on the 5 night in Feb. The Jan trip is a 4 nighter. If you go to the rccl.com website and do a reservation and get to the suite page, at the bottom is the guarantee choice for suites ($699) and the code is W on the page. :) X is the code to the balcony guarantee rooms (which is $399 right now). My TA and the person I spoke to at rccl before I made the reservation assured me that the X meant JS or higher.

I would go with the JS stateroom because with the "W" GTY, you will be in a D3 or Higher, but not necessarily a JS or better.

A W Gty is a Deluxe Stateroom or Suite Guarantee which means the lowest that can be assigned is a JS. You are correct that a D balcony cabin is Superior Ocean View Strm W/Balcony but that's not the category guarantee the OP has booked.

January 21st on the Navigator is a 4 night cruise, not 5 night.

4-night Caribbean - Western (Miami roundtrip) Navigator of the Seas

Port of departure:

Miami

Start date:

Thu 01/21/10Port of return:

Miami

End date:

Mon 01/25/10

"W" is JS or higher. "X" is balcony or higher, and would be an E-2 or better, I believe, on Navigator.

Ooops :) sorry yes, I am going on the 5 night in Feb. The Jan trip is a 4 nighter. If you go to the rccl.com website and do a reservation and get to the suite page, at the bottom is the guarantee choice for suites ($699) and the code is W on the page. :) X is the code to the balcony guarantee rooms (which is $399 right now). My TA and the person I spoke to at rccl before I made the reservation assured me that the X meant JS or higher.

Is that last X a typo?:)

"W" is JS or higher. "X" is balcony or higher, and would be an E-2 or better, I believe, on Navigator.

Is that last X a typo?:)

Yes, it is because after a 6:30 am to 8pm day of working and commuting my brain was totally fried, and I should not have been on a computer :) The W is JS and above.....

Archived