Sapphire Gong Show Vancouver

Putterdude

With due respect, that's completely different to the situation OP was describing.

You must have misinterpreted what I was trying to say.

On my two cruises there were no problems disembarking although there were again many local people on board.

I must be looking my age 73:D because on one I was directed to the area were persons were being helped off by wheelchair.

Maybe the situation happened on The Sapphire because the crew were worried about the missing passenger.

I am just letting everyone who reads CC this disarray on The Sapphire is not a regular happening at disembarkation time in Vancouver. THANK GOODNESS.:)

Why the rush to disembark unless you have to catch a plane or something.

;)

After 4 cruises we quickly learnt. Ignore the procedure that they give you. We pack our bags etc( have also learnt to minimise our luggage - thats another subject for a later date) then go for a leisurely breakfast. Have a couple of coffees etc. Keep an eye on the queues and once they are mostly clear we then make our way off.

Maybe the situation happened on The Sapphire because the crew were worried about the missing passenger.

I am just letting everyone who reads CC this disarray on The Sapphire is not a regular happening at disembarkation time in Vancouver. THANK GOODNESS.:)

No, this snafu didn't occur as a result of the missing passenger. As pointed out earlier, the crew didn't know she was missing until everyone was disembarked.

Yes, as a person who has disembarked at Canada Place a number of times and who lives close-by Vancouver I know that this is a one off situation. I am also reasonably certain that by now Princess is very aware of the unfortunate occurrence and will ensure that it doesn't happen again.

I am certainly not of a mind to cancel our next 3 cruises with Princess in a snit, it happened, it will be dealt with and it's over.

and I was dealing with wheel chairs or otherwise health/age issues that made me lugging baggage difficult or unadvisable, I would have sat down at the bar and said "I'm on the next cruise unless you can help me get my luggage off! I physically cannot do it."

Shoalwater, I like your style! :)

Dolphinmar

"Cruise Buff"

You must have misinterpreted what I was trying to say.

On my two cruises there were no problems disembarking although there were again many local people on board.

Misunderstandings on a message board are certainly understandable and can occur often, but you stated you were on a one-nighter and indicated most pax didn't have anything but hand luggage when they disembarked. This is certainly better than dealing with luggage after a week-long cruise, and having to self-disembark with said luggage in tow. I just didn't think the scenarios were comparable, is all. No offense. :)

Archived