which would you choose in Mexico?

gvanpelt

If you have done these please let me know what you think. Between swinning with the dolphins in PV or the couples massage @ Kyrstals resort, what are your thoughts? Also booked earlier a horseback ride through Shore Trips, King David and am wondering if anyone has done this and how it was. Too late to do anything about it now, but curious. We sail 9/27 on Mariner and I am so ready!:confused:

I'd go with the massage.

I did the dolphins once and felt it was a complete waste of money. I spent 1/4 of the time in a "seminar" about the dolphins and safety. Another 1/2 standing in the heat waiting for my turn in the water. And finally about 1/8 of the time actually with the dolphins in the water. Finally the last 1/8 of time was just drying off and them telling us goodbye and asking for a tip. For my $ (150 I think) the 10 minutes with the dolphins wasn't worth it.

Two totally different kinds of experiences in my book. I cruised with a friend last year that REALLY wanted to do the dolphin swim, so we did. It was better than I thought it would be and we had a good bit of time in the water with them. Maybe it depends on how busy they are...don't know. But, if I was with my DH, I think I would opt for the massage. Like I said, two totally different types of experiences. I'm sure you will enjoy whichever you chose.:)

We did a Dolphin Encounter tour in Acapulco, so not sure how PV handles it, but we had a fabulous time. We were divided up between the two pools, enteracted with them, most memorable moment was when they propelled us across the pool by pushing on our feet, and at the whistle stopped and we were launched out of of the water. The 2nd pool they did tricks for us upon our commands then jumped over us 4 times. Each of us got a Video. Cost was $150pp at the Water park.

Go read reviews on these two places on other sites like tripadvisor. I've read that dolphin swims can vary on the experience and quality of the place that runs it.

That's absolutely right! I've done a couple of dolphin swims (Cancun - XCaret) and Costa Rica (Marenco)- Osa Peninsula. The one in Costa Rica was actually a Dolphin Watch, where we swam out and observed a large number of untrained Pacific dolphins..a few of them came up and swam around us, with their babies. FAR MORE entertaining than the poor programmed dolphins at XCaret! I felt sorry for them, and think that trapping and training dolphins should be banned. Before you reply, please note that I've been to a LOT of places in this World! Thanks.

That's absolutely right! I've done a couple of dolphin swims (Cancun - XCaret) and Costa Rica (Marenco)- Osa Peninsula. The one in Costa Rica was actually a Dolphin Watch, where we swam out and observed a large number of untrained Pacific dolphins..a few of them came up and swam around us, with their babies. FAR MORE entertaining than the poor programmed dolphins at XCaret! I felt sorry for them, and think that trapping and training dolphins should be banned. Before you reply, please note that I've been to a LOT of places in this World! Thanks.

I agree with you! We're looking forward to swimming with dolphins in their natural habitat when we visit New Zealand next year.

So I would vote for the massages.

DH & I recently enjoyed what I would consider one of the best massage of my life at that Spa. We did the 75 minutes Couple's Massage for $95 USD total (cash-only). DH was totally blissed out!! After, we enjoyed day-use of the Krystal Resort right on the beach. The Krystal Resort is a less then 10 minutes' walk from the cruiseship terminal. It'll cost $8 to taxi. Enjoy!

Archived