Funny cruise questions actually asked (for the newbies!) Can you add any??

kdinkus1

1. What time is the Midnight Buffet?
  2. Are there beaches in the Bahamas?
  3. Is the island surrounded by water?
  4. Why is the ship rocking?
  5. What time does the 2 o clock tour leave?
  6. Will this elevator take me to the front of the ship?
  7. What side of the ship will the sun rise on?
  8. Is the water in the pool rough because it's seawater?
  9. Why are the lights on in front of the ship?
  10. How do I get into my room?
  11. Does the ship generate its own electricity?
  12. Does the crew live onboard?
  13. How much are the tender tickets?
  14. Can I mail letters with U.S. stamps in the Bahamas?
  15. Will I get wet when I go snorkeling?
  16. How can I tell which pictures are ours?
  17. What do you do with the photographs that people didn't buy after the cruise?
  18. Do these steps go up or down?
  19. Do you have a newspaper?
  20. Do we have to go to the compulsory lifeboat drill?
  21. What do we do in the morning? We didn't go to the talk.
  22. Why is it so rough?
  23. Did I put my boarding pass in my luggage?
  24. Do they play music in the disco?
  25. Do you have to get dressed up for formal night?
  26. Do you grow your own food onboard?
  27. Have you seen my husband?
  28. Can I have the number to a crewmember's cabin?
  29. What do we do with these luggage tags?
  30. What do you do with the ice carvings after they've melted?

Thought it was time to have fun with this thread again for all the 'new cruisers' out there! Hopefully they won't be as silly too! Can anyone add more that they have heard themselves? Or pictures! :D

Silly questions that we are asked regarding our dog when we bring her along.

32, Where does she go pee?? (out side of your cabin door -- where did you say you were staying??)

33. Does the boat bother her?

34 What does she eat? (she does not all of a sudden eat on the buffet - and dog food back home

35 Can I pet her? She is still a service dog, so the same rules apply that do back home, so NO

36 How much did she cost? None of your buiness - I do not ask you how much you payed for that shirt you wear -- mind your own buisness

37 Does she bite?? Only those who ask too many questions (of couse not service dogs are the most gentlest dogs around --- inless you mean licked with kisses!!)

32, Where does she go pee?? (out side of your cabin door -- where did you say you were staying??)

34 What does she eat? (she does not all of a sudden eat on the buffet - and dog food back home

35 Can I pet her? She is still a service dog, so the same rules apply that do back home, so NO

36 How much did she cost? None of your buiness - I do not ask you how much you payed for that shirt you wear -- mind your own buisness

37 Does she bite?? Only those who ask too many questions (of couse not service dogs are the most gentlest dogs around --- inless you mean licked with kisses!!)

As silly as you might think 32 is. I kinda do wonder what they let you do with her when you are out to sea all day. Is there a designated area you have to take her, or are you expected to clean up the urine afterwards? Perhaps you have a crew member following you around all the time to clean up after her, lol.

Hey I think that's a legit question. I'd like to know that myself.

That really surprises me. You are the first person I've EVER heard say no to that question. As the former owner/operator of a B&B we had MANY service dogs and their people stay with us - I heard that question asked a lot and never was the answer no. Perhaps the reason people ask is other's who have service dogs do allow strangers to pet them. Perhaps a kinder "I would prefer that you don't" woiuld be a better answer.

Funniest question:

I'm married now but my birth certificate has my maiden name!

That really surprises me. You are the first person I've EVER heard say no to that question. As the former owner/operator of a B&B we had MANY service dogs and their people stay with us - I heard that question asked a lot and never was the answer no. Perhaps the reason people ask is other's who have service dogs do allow strangers to pet them. Perhaps a kinder "I would prefer that you don't" woiuld be a better answer.

Not surprising at all. It is pretty common practice around here that you don't pet service dogs. My children know not too as well. Usually service dogs will even have a vest or patch that says something along the lines of "do not bother" etc. It's not to be rude, it's to ensure the dogs full attention is devoted to it's handler. Here's a link to an article on it. This is from Idaho but it's common practice alot of places. My Search & Rescue shepherd on the other hand was encouraged to be around as many folks as possible and to interact with them.

http://www.highplainsservicedogs.org/id9.html

Not surprising at all. It is pretty common practice around here that you don't pet service dogs. My children know not too as well. Usually service dogs will even have a vest or patch that says something along the lines of "do not bother" etc. It's not to be rude, it's to ensure the dogs full attention is devoted to it's handler. Here's a link to an article on it. This is from Idaho but it's common practice alot of places. My Search & Rescue shepherd on the other hand was encouraged to be around as many folks as possible and to interact with them.

http://www.highplainsservicedogs.org/id9.html

We were told that the dogs have "time off" because being a service dog is very stressful for them and they really need to be able to relax. Perhaps that is when the interaction of others is OK.

Just relating my experience - not an expert by any means.

So where do service dogs pee on a ship?????? We are still curious.

I can't speak to how Carnival does it, but we were on a Holland America cruise a few years ago that had a service dog organization doing a group cruise aboard. There were about 30 or so dogs. They had set up several pallets of sod on one end of the wrap-around deck. There were scoopers, bags, and a trash can for the solid stuff.

The organization did an informational meeting on the last sea day, and several of the owners and their dogs did a demonstration. It was fascinating!

Robin

So where do service dogs pee on a ship?????? We are still curious.

I was on a Princess cruise a couple of years ago and there was a woman on board with a seeing eye dog. I became quite friendly with the woman and discreetly asked her where the dog did her duty on board. She told me that the ship made arrangements to put astro turf on her balcony and that's where it all happened. :rolleyes: Of course she had to do the picking up, etc. And how about this......the dog had been on about 10 cruises on Princess and was a platinum member of the Captains Circle with a pin on her collar. Isn't that a blast? :D

I was on a Princess cruise a couple of years ago and there was a woman on board with a seeing eye dog. I became quite friendly with the woman and discreetly asked her where the dog did her duty on board. She told me that the ship made arrangements to put astro turf on her balcony and that's where it all happened. :rolleyes: Of course she had to do the picking up, etc. And how about this......the dog had been on about 10 cruises on Princess and was a platinum member of the Captains Circle with a pin on her collar. Isn't that a blast?

Thats so cool!!! The pin on the colllar I mean.:D

We were told that the dogs have "time off" because being a service dog is very stressful for them and they really need to be able to relax. Perhaps that is when the interaction of others is OK.

Just relating my experience - not an expert by any means.

Usually depends on the type of service dog...cheers2.gif

Is the comedian funny?

Are the DOD's any good?

Will the ship leave without us if we are late?

Will my suitcases be searched?

What is ship time?

Does the captain change every day or does he just park the ship while he is sleeping?

On my last cruise I happened to hear a rather funny question asked by one passenger to another. The cruise was on the Grandeur of the Seas out of Norfolk on a 9 day eastern route. The ship had just returned that day from a 5 day Bermuda cruise. We were in the first group to board and I went straight to the pursers desk to activate our account with cash. There was one couple and another woman in front of me. The couple was telling the woman how they had been on the ship for the previous cruise and was doing a B2B and was getting their account straight for this cruise. Then, with a straight face, the woman asked them where they were going on this cruise! It took everything I had to not burst out laughing. The couple just lightly chuckled and said same place you are going honey. It was then that the woman realized her gaffe. It was a cute moment for sure.

Is the comedian funny?

Are the DOD's any good?

Will the ship leave without us if we are late?

Will my suitcases be searched?

What is ship time?

Does the captain change every day or does he just park the ship while he is sleeping?

Going on my 3rd cruise next year and I STILL think that one's a valid question! :D :p

The questions regading to where does she go pee?? The ship must provide the dog with a rest area that has a large litter/sand box. Generally it is away from the public.

As to petting a service dog, the answer does relay on the owner, but generally it is a VERY strict no toching policy well dog is in harness (on duty). The dog must always be intune to its ower and nothing else.

As to the dogs down time, it is only in non public area (eg. bedroom on ship). When ever you see a dog on ship, it must be in Harniss or else it is not classified as a Service Dog and not aloud on ship. So if you happen to see us walking around the ship, please do not ask to touch her (no matter how much you miss your dog back home) She is on duty, and a no touching is allowed.

I have to admit I saw one today that really made me giggle. I understand the question was serious and due to a medical need, so while i am empathetic I am still laughing.

Will Carnival allow us to bring on our recliner for MIL to sleep in?

On my last cruise I happened to hear a rather funny question asked by one passenger to another. The cruise was on the Grandeur of the Seas out of Norfolk on a 9 day eastern route. The ship had just returned that day from a 5 day Bermuda cruise. We were in the first group to board and I went straight to the pursers desk to activate our account with cash. There was one couple and another woman in front of me. The couple was telling the woman how they had been on the ship for the previous cruise and was doing a B2B and was getting their account straight for this cruise. Then, with a straight face, the woman asked them where they were going on this cruise! It took everything I had to not burst out laughing. The couple just lightly chuckled and said same place you are going honey. It was then that the woman realized her gaffe. It was a cute moment for sure.
Sounds like an old comedy routine-David Brenner I think. He got on the wrong plane & when they announced the destination, he got off the plane with the comment "Well, if they don't know where I'm going, I'm not flying with THEM!"

Archived