Brillance Med Dubrovnik Question

Looks like Dubrovnik is a tender port for the Brillance. Anyone know how far the tender dock is to the area in town where you can "walk the walls"? Does RCCL provide some type of shuttle between the tender dock and the town? Trying to decide if its better to take their walking tour or do it on our own. Any help would be appreciated.

RCCL provides a shuttle bus from the ship to the entrance to the city. I think that the cost was $4 each way. There is no need to take a ship tour. We walked the wall, walked around the town and had lunch.

When we visited Dubrovnik on the Millie in August 2003, we docked in an area north of town...and a free shuttle was provided by the cruise line...But, if the Brilliance is tendering in, I would imagine this might also be done near the old port (there was a ship from another line docked out in the harbor while we were there)...If so, the tenders should take you directly to the old walled city and there should be no need to do anything other than go explore by yourself on foot...The entire walled city is really not that big and can be easily traversed on foot...There is a small charge to walk up onto the walls...and it is easy to do this on your own...

Have fun...

Brilliance was not tendered last September; and yes, there is an $8 roundtrip charge by shuttle to the old city. Nice city, and much less expensive than France and Italy. We were envious of the ships that tendered, as it is a beautiful anchorage.

We were on the Briiliance this past May, and we tendered into the old city. No shuttle needed, you were right there. no need to take a ships tour, we walled the wall and the old city, and had lunch. /there was a long line however to get back on the tender to return to the ship. But that was the only way back, was not too bad.

There was an open air market in the center of the town when we got there, if there is anything you want you need to do it then, it closes at 1 pm.

This city was awesome, I was pleasantly surprised

If you are going into Venice, it is easily done on your own also.

• 3 weeks later...

It was one of my absolute favorite ports last year! I felt bad for the people who paid $15 for the ships tour to walk the walls. The shuttle to the town gate was free, and the wall only cost us about $5 equivalent in kuna. The views were absolutely breathtaking. Every few steps we had to stop and take another photo. Just be aware that there are a lot of stairs up and down the walls. I told another couple about it - they went - and although they loved the views, they weren't too physically fit and had a very hard time with all the stairs. My suggestion is to get on that treadmill before you go and build up as much stamina as you can!! I also bought some handmade sundresses for my nieces that a woman was making with little sandals that looked like you could take them right off the dress and wear them. They were beautiful and $9 each once you figured out the conversion! Be careful in the town market though - I think hubby and I paid about $5 for a couple of peaches!! lol It pays to know your conversions before you go. I sure will next time!

Archived