No more paper documents after Nov.15?

maritar

This morning while doing online check-in I saw that there is a new "button" in online check-in page "Request Luggage Tags". I called Royal Caribbean and I asked what this is all about. They said that after Nov.15 they'll start issuing e-documents only and you can request luggage tags to be delivered to your home.

Sorry if this have been already posted.

I think this makes sense ... while having a paper copy of the information is nice, the real benefit is the luggage tags. If they can send those out in a cheaper way and still get you the informaiton, I don't have a problem.

I have always liked getting my paper documents but I agree that getting real luggage tags with e-documents is great.

We are sailing on the 15th.

Will I get our luggage tags or do I need to request them? I've already done our pass info and printed it out.

Thanks.

If you requested e-documents, go back to your online check-in and click the button "Request Luggage Tags" and they will send them to you. Yes, you have to request them, they don't send them automatically. If you requested your documents by mail, at this time you'll still get your paper documents and luggage tags delivered to your home.

I think this makes sense ... while having a paper copy of the information is nice, the real benefit is the luggage tags. If they can send those out in a cheaper way and still get you the informaiton, I don't have a problem.

I agree. While I enjoy paper docs, the only real benefit are the luggage tags. But in reality, the luggage tags aren't needed until after landing or leaving the hotel on the way to the pier. At that point the porters can easily handle attaching their tags.

I agree. While I enjoy paper docs, the only real benefit are the luggage tags. But in reality, the luggage tags aren't needed until after landing or leaving the hotel on the way to the pier. At that point the porters can easily handle attaching their tags.

Yes, it's not big hassle to get luggage tags from the pier but I like to have them ready when we arrive. We always drive to the port.

This morning while doing online check-in I saw that there is a new "button" in online check-in page "Request Luggage Tags". I called Royal Caribbean and I asked what this is all about. They said that after Nov.15 they'll start issuing e-documents only and you can request luggage tags to be delivered to your home.

Sorry if this have been already posted.

I am happy to hear that! I've suggested on several surveys in the past that they offer this option. The only reason I've always requested the paper documents is to get the luggage tags. I even mentioned it to the loyalty ambassador on the Monarch last month when booking on board, she made a note about it.

Thank you for the info!

We are sailing on the 15th.

Will I get our luggage tags or do I need to request them? I've already done our pass info and printed it out.

Thanks.

They can only be ordered on-line 14 or more days before sailing. I received mine in the mail 4 days after ordering.

So I maybe missing something. If not requested when would you get you luggage tags? You arrive at the Pier and the porters take your luggage when exactly would you have time to get them or put them on?

The porters have blank luggage tags. They will mark your cabin # on them and place them on your luggage if you don't have cruise luggage tags.

I'm all for this change as it makes things easier for me, but I am sure there are people who will be hit with a charge they have no idea about and may have some problems when they show up at the pier.

I'm curious. What about people who do not have computers and/or internet access? Since they can't even complete the Seapass, how would they get checked in?

Do you really believe that all TAs and every RCL customer service agent will remember to mention to people that they have to check in some how? I'm sure their checklists include being sure payments are made, but what about check-in?

Those of us who are on Cruise Critic take the internet pretty much for granted, but there are still a lot of people who cruise who are either minimally connected or even not at all. Do they automatically now have to pay extra to cruise?

They can only be ordered on-line 14 or more days before sailing. I received mine in the mail 4 days after ordering.

There was another thread about the luggage tags option online. I think there might be a maximum number of days, too, because I don't have the option yet on my reservations page, but I'm 67 days out. I believe someone on the other thread said something about 40 days, but don't quote me on it.

So, if you don't see it yet, and you're sailing in 2010, just sit back and wait.

--Michael

Archived