wine ??

WannaCruiseSoon

Ok I am new to NCL and I am cruising with some 1st timers next month

I did a search on here before about bringing your own wine onboard NCL and found that it was a 15.00 corkage fee per bottle

I told my friend (who wants to bring the wine) and she said no problem

However

TODAY she is asking me where I found this information. I told her either the NCL site or cruise critic

well we cannot find anything on the NCL site about bringing our own wine.

Does anyone know where we can find this information?

I just want to point her in the right direction - she is freaking out reading that NCL confiscates alcohol and won't give it back.

Thanks in advance.

Technically the stated policy is you cannot bring any intocicating beverages on board. HOWEVER they in fact do allow a REASONBLE amount of wine. you should be prepared to declare this at the security area and pay the fee then. They will then put stickers on the bottles.

Ok I am new to NCL and I am cruising with some 1st timers next month

I did a search on here before about bringing your own wine onboard NCL and found that it was a 15.00 corkage fee per bottle

I told my friend (who wants to bring the wine) and she said no problem

However

TODAY she is asking me where I found this information. I told her either the NCL site or cruise critic

well we cannot find anything on the NCL site about bringing our own wine.

Does anyone know where we can find this information?

I just want to point her in the right direction - she is freaking out reading that NCL confiscates alcohol and won't give it back.

Thanks in advance.

They will confiscate alcohol but will give it back at the end of the cruise. Wine just pay the corkage fee, no problem.

The info you need is somewhere on the NCL site.

If they confiscate your hootch at boarding, they'll give it back at the end of the trip.

There are no real consequences to trying to smuggle alcohol onto the ship.

Sorry but there is NO information on the NCL site about the corkage fee. This is what makes it so confusing for some cruisers.

Yes you may bring wine on board and pay $15 corkage fee.

If you try to bring alcohol and they find it they will hold it until the end of the cruise and then return it to you.

Hi - I have ready the posts and am a tad confused. I read that there (like someone said) no booze allowed and it will be confiscated but returned to you at end. What I think I am reading is that you can however bring wine on board and just pay a fee - is this correct and just for wine? Do you declare it or as someone suggested take your chances....If you take your chances I'm guessing they confiscate it and there is no chance to pay the fee. Is the fee $15USD? Thanks folks

Go to the NCL Webpage and select 'Ships'.

Select a ship; I did 'Norwegian Star'

Click on 'Read All Questions'

Search for 'corkage' or 'wine'.

You'll get lots of (sometimes crazy) answers, including some posted by NCL staff.

Answer:

Guests are only allowed to bring bottle(s) of wine onboard NCL vessels for a corkage fee. When wine is brought onboard and served or consumed in any restaurant, public room/area, or in their stateroom corkage fees will apply according to bottle sizes noted below. This fee will be charged to the guest’s onboard account. Wines that come in boxes are not allowed onboard

3 months ago

by NCLStaff - Miami, FL

gary

Bring the wine in your carry-on. If they spot it, they'll send you to the 'corkage fee table' where 415 US will be added to your on-board account for every bottle that they find or want to find. (that's a hint:))

If you want to learn how to smuggle alcohol onto a ship, do a search on this forum. 'smuggling liquor' would be a good search. Its a lot of fun to read. There is are myriad sanctimonious posts on both sides of the smuggling argument. You will get some ideas of what works, though.

Hi - I have ready the posts and am a tad confused. I read that there (like someone said) no booze allowed and it will be confiscated but returned to you at end. What I think I am reading is that you can however bring wine on board and just pay a fee - is this correct and just for wine? Do you declare it or as someone suggested take your chances....If you take your chances I'm guessing they confiscate it and there is no chance to pay the fee. Is the fee $15USD? Thanks folks

They do not confiscate the wine, unless of course you do not want to pay the corkage fee.

They simply send you over to a area where they take down all your info and put a sticker on your bottle showing that it has been accounted for.

You don't pay the fee at that time, it shows up on your onboard account.

In addition, from what I've read, they actually give you the booze back on the last night of the cruise, not necessarily the end of the cruise. Sounds like the last night of the cruise might be somewhat of a party night. Of course I could be wrong, but I've read that here several times so I thought I would point it out.

In addition, from what I've read, they actually give you the booze back on the last night of the cruise, not necessarily the end of the cruise. Sounds like the last night of the cruise might be somewhat of a party night. Of course I could be wrong, but I've read that here several times so I thought I would point it out.

That's normally the case, yes. They also give you your alcohol purchased in the duty-free shop. ;)

I know it may be hard to convince your friends, but here is what I would say to them.

You can either

a) read what many many many people have stated on these boards from real life experiences. We have all paid or know of folks that have paid the $15 for wine. We all know of folks that had their booze found and confiscated until the last day of the cruise. I have never ever seen anything different than what was just said.

or

b) Think we are all crazy and call NCL and get a different answer that may or may not be correct.

PS - it is not all that bad to just buy the wine onboard.

Double PS - Tell your friend to get over here and read these boards. Lots to learn. See my link below.

Double PS - Tell your friend to get over here and read these boards. Lots to learn. See my link below.

Thanks for that link again, I've read it a few times and will read it at least one more time before we go, extremely informative and sums up so many questions that are posted here. Seems like they could make it a sticky.

Archived