Boarding Time

tollfarm

We are going on the Valor out of Miami and I was wondering what is the earliest you can arrive at the port and what is the earliest to board the ship.

When is your ship leaving port? If it's sometime late in the afternoon (like 4 -5 p.m.), most of us arrive at the port around 11:30 A.M., and usually can board then, or soon after. Head off to lunch, hang around the ship in the afternoon, drop your stuff off in the cabin as soon as it's announced that they're ready, and enjoy the afternoon on the ship.

You HAVE to be on board no later than 2 hours before the ship is to sail. Might as well enjoy that first day!

we always arrive at the port around 11 a.m. (for a 4 or 5 p.m. departure) and we're usually on board, eating our lunch around noon-time.

we wear our swimsuits under our clothes (or have them in our carry-on) so we have swimwear ready as soon as we get onboard ... it's like starting our vacation a few hours early. :)

we love the port of miami and think it's the most efficient.

btw, we loved, loved, loved the valor .... hope you enjoy her as much as we did !!!

We were there about 10:30 am and had to wait in the waiting area for about an hour before we could board. They give you a group number that they use for boarding when you get to the checkin area on the second level so that you can sit and relax if you are there too early. We were in group 7 for the triumph in April. We would have had our first dod before 12 but one of the group we were hanging out with was given a first timers card instead of a past guest card so we had to wait for her to get it exchanged at the pursers desk. Miami does have a nice waiting area.

I have never understood why people get there so early? Then just to sit around in a terminal and wait.

The only reason I could see is if you had very early air arrival, but to drive there intentionally to arrive at 10:30 is crazy...Its not like you will get a better room or seat...

You HAVE to be on board no later than 2 hours before the ship is to sail. Might as well enjoy that first day!
On the Carnival website FAQ, it says you must be on board 60 minutes prior to sailing; 90 minutes if you neglect to fill out your FunPass online.

Boarding on the Pride is from 2-4 with a 5:30 sailing; we do not plan to arrive before 3:30. I do not want to stand/sit around for hours waiting to board.

Each port has it's own boarding times, also available on the FAQ.

They will let you on if you come late. I sat outside the port of Galveston once watching the stragglers arrive within the last hour before sailing. There was quite a few and they all got on. Then the security guard said they were holding the ship for a group of 3 which arrived 10min before sailing time... You should have saw the Fat lady run....

I have never understood why people get there so early? Then just to sit around in a terminal and wait.

The only reason I could see is if you had very early air arrival, but to drive there intentionally to arrive at 10:30 is crazy...Its not like you will get a better room or seat...

Excitement?? :D And for me...I kind of like to people-watch so it's fun watching everybody start to arrive, anticipating a fun week on the ship, etc.

I have never understood why people get there so early? ..

the later you arrive the more you will have to wait. We have always been to the port about 1am and getting boarding number 2- 1/2 belong to suites and handicapped people- always on before noon. Head to the buffet before it gets super crowded--not have a hard time finding a table.

Please note-- you are asked to stay away from cabin areas until 1:30.

I would think twice about dropping off carry-ons as the cabins are not secured until the stated time.

If you fly in the day b/4 what's the difference if

you sit in a hotel room or sit at the port. Here's the difference especially cruising with newbies. There's plenty to see and people watch at the Port watching the hustle and bustle. Plus you have an opportunity to get on as early as possible , have lunch, a few drinks and spend time exploring. Personally I'd rather be at the Port b/4 all those that fly in the morning of the cruise start arriving.

Archived