Leaving at 9:00pm, what time boarding and ifeboat drill?

luvcruisn'

We don't sail until 9:00pm from Fort Lauderdale. Do we board later than usual? Also, would the lifeboat drill be later than the usual 4:15pm time when sailing at 5:00pm? The ship, the Prinsendam, is supposed to arrive from its transatlantic cruise at 7:00am in the morning.

Thanks for any information.

Since you are boarding a ship that is just returning to the USA, after an extensive time elsewhere, plan to arrive later, rather than earlier, IMO. The US authorities are likely to be all over that ship giving it every possible inspection.

No wonder you're sailing late!

What is your required boarding time? The drill could be 30 to 45 minutes after that, regardless of the actual sailing time.

I don't know the boarding time. I can only get the express docs to print when I'm 50 days away from sailing, according to the HAL website, and it's still more than that.

I suppose I could call the travel agent, and have her find out what time we can board.

I called HAL today, as my travel agent was too busy to talk to me. A representative told me that boarding is at the usual time, even though sailing is not until 9pm. She spoke to someone at HAL who said the lifeboat drill would be about an hour before we sailed. That does seem an odd time for it as that would be around dinner time. Maybe I'll find out more closer to sailing.

Archived