April - May weather in Bermuda

tinker

We have always gone to Bermuda in October and thinking of booking for May of 2010. We love the beach and spend most of our time there.

What would be the earliest in the season to book to have nice seas, sunny weather and water temperatures?

Bermudians, by tradition, are not allowed to go swimming before May 24th. This is we because we are a bunch of wusses and think the water is too cold at 76 to 78 degrees. Everybody else seems to have no problem.

Personally, it's my favourite time of year - not boiling hot like August and you can sit out without burning your (donkey) off in twenty minutes.

Have fun!

• 3 months later...
The air temperatures will be warm but the water is way too cold for our taste in early to mid May.

How cold is too cold for a NJ guy??? I would imagine the water in BM would be warmer in May than Aug in NJ..??

We are sailing May 30th to BM and am hoping the waters are warm enough to enjoy..

How cold is too cold for a NJ guy??? I would imagine the water in BM would be warmer in May than Aug in NJ..??

We are sailing May 30th to BM and am hoping the waters are warm enough to enjoy..

The water was not too cold for this MA girl to enjoy in May, but I have to say, IMHO, it was much warmer in Sept and Oct. I would rather cruise in Sept, it is less crowded, the day temp is less humid, and the water is warmer than in May. But I do love Bermuda anytime!

The water was not too cold for this MA girl to enjoy in May, but I have to say, IMHO, it was much warmer in Sept and Oct. I would rather cruise in Sept, it is less crowded, the day temp is less humid, and the water is warmer than in May. But I do love Bermuda anytime!

Shhhhhhh.....don't let the secret out.;):)

Thanks! We sailed in Sept the last couple of times and spent a beautiful day in Bermuda - loved it. We usually do trabel then but this is an anniversary cruise.

About what will the water temps be in early June / late May?

Thanks again! ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Cough cough ... yes, water is warmer in Sept but the humidity is much higher! And it's not a hurricane free month.

May is pleasant but June is the best month (and Sept is the worst).

Well above average, fantastic even

Bermuda's impeccable location keeps our island warmed by the Gulf Stream and the sun's rays, but free of the tropics' relentless heat. Our opinion? It is absolutely perfect.

Our extraordinarily pleasant climate rarely sees extremes of either hot or cold. Not even the Queen could resist the temperate conditions warming us year round.

• The hottest part of our year: May through mid-October, when temperatures hover between 75°F / 23°C and 85°F / 29°C
  • During the winter months, temperatures average a balmy 70°F / 21°C
  • Summer months are somewhat drier, but rainfall is spread relatively equally throughout the year
  • Since rainstorms generate the island's only supply of fresh water, residents welcome the brief storms - however few and far between
  • Hurricanes are not as prevalent here as in the Caribbean, but they do occasionally visit our island once every seven years or so

High Temperatures Low Temperatures January 70°F / 21°C 58°F / 14°C February 70°F / 21°C 58°F / 14°C March 70°F / 21°C 58°F / 14°C April 72°F / 22°C 59°F / 15°C May 76°F / 24°C 65°F / 18°C June 81°F / 27°C 70°F / 21°C July 85°F / 29°C 76°F / 24°C August 86°F / 30°C 76°F / 24°C September 85°F / 29°C 72°F / 22°C October 79°F / 26°C 70°F / 21°C November 74°F / 23°C 61°F / 16°C December 70°F / 21°C 61°F / 16°C

From the Bermuda Tourism website. http://www.bermudatourism.com/weather_in_bermuda.aspx#/average-temperatures/

Archived