Arcadia 21/10/09

Hootin

Hi

I am going on my first cruise on 21/9, I am wondering if anyone can tell me if their is an iron in the balcony staterooms. Also whats the protocol of taking your favourite tipple onto the ship with you, does your bag get searched ?

Cheers:)

There is no 'risk' taking alcohol on board for cabin consumption. P&O do not confiscate. Spirits aren't worth the effort as they can be bought at duty free prices onboard.

Wine is expensive at £5 a glass for example , so if you want to take wine or champagne on board it is not a problem in small quantities, obviously .

Irons are NOT ALLOWED in cabins due to the fire risk. There are irons and ironing boards on 3 decks to use for free in the launderettes.

There is no 'risk' taking alcohol on board for cabin consumption. P&O do not confiscate.

Wine is expensive at £5 a glass for example , so if you want to take wine or champagne on board it is not a problem in small quantities, obviously .

I thought that you took wine on board on by the box?

:)

I'd have thought that if you removed all the rubbish that P&O shove into their fridges in the desperate hope of extracting yet more money from you, there should be room for 3 or 4 wine boxes if you really pack 'em in.

Shall we have a competition, rather like those 'how many people can you get into a Mini' in the 60s?

Sir Martin

HI Libralass.

Does your statement on irons include suites as P&O state that they have irons and boards in suites.

MARTIN

No a suite has a iron and ironing board and a butler to do it for you who is in charge of the iron to make sure the ship doesn't catch fire. :rolleyes:

Minisuites and suites do have irons but they are safety ones - they have cutout buttons which switch off automatically after a few minutes and you have to switch them on again. In the safety talk at the muster drill the Captain usually emphasises that irons are not allowed (apart from the safety ones of course). In the launderettes the irons there are safety ones too.

Butler do not do ironing!

:)

Archived