wrap around aft vs regular suite

KellyR

Okay, I hear about how great the wrap around balcony afts are BUT excluding the balconies, are the wrap arounds aft cabins larger than a regular category 11 suite? I am thinking about changing from a regular category 11 to a wrap around aft.

I assume you are speaking of a Spirit class ship. I have never compared the two cabins - and have only stayed in the aft corner. On deck 4 (Main deck), and a couple of other levels I believe, the corner suites are divided into multiple rooms, thus there is not the large open feeling that one would have in the standard Cat 11 suite. Looking at the deck plans I would guess that the standard may have a slight sq. footage advantage, and would certainly feel like a larger room - but give me the divided rooms and huge balcony any day... when you are simply on the side of a ship you will only have a maximum of a 180 degree view. With an aft corner your view increases to 270 degrees - you can simply see more (other ships passing - islands in the distance - or that perfect sunset) even if the size of the balcony alone is not a factor for you.

Tom

Thanks, Tom for your expertise advice. Yes, you're correct. I am speaking of a Spirit class ship, the Miracle. Divided rooms don't bother me with an aft balcony. I just hope I don't notice a lot of vibration and noise from the engines when I'm trying to get to sleep. Did you notice any of that when you had your aft?

I have had the wrap arounds twice and loved it. The best cabins on the ship IMHO. I had a regular cat eleven on the Triumph which is bascially the same room as on the Spirit class ships. No comparison at all. The wrap around rooms blew this one away. The balcony on the regular cat eleven is a let down. Just not very big after having one of those wrap arounds. They spoil you.:)

I don't know of any Carnival ships that have cabins with sliding doors - those are trouble enough on dry land, I can picture maintenance issues with such a set-up...:eek:

..as far as vibration issues - very little was noticed - nothing annoying! Though I have heard of some issues with vibrations. When the ship is really moving you do tend to feel an occasional sort of "shimmy", once again - not a problem...:cool:

Tom

I don't know of any Carnival ships that have cabins with sliding doors - those are trouble enough on dry land, I can picture maintenance issues with such a set-up...:eek:

Tom

Those sliding doors are great. RCI has them and it is nice to be able to open them and not have doors slaming on the balconies from your neighbors.

I have what I think is a wrap-around balcony - 8448 on the Valor. Does anyone know if there is a sliding glass door or a regular door?

Carnival only has doors that open out. I agree with gator about the doors on Royal. THe sliding doors save the doors from slamming shut when the cabin door is opened.

Now I understand why so many lists of things to pack include a bungee to hold the balcony door open. I thought it was really strange, but we've only had balconies on Celebrity and the sliding glass doors slid open and stayed open.

I don't think I'm going to like a regular door.

We have one of the wraparounds on this trip coming up and we've always done just a regular cat.11, so we couldnt imagine what it looked like, let alone having a bedroom! That balcony looks incredible! Now we've REALLY got the itch!!:D

Archived