Regent Seven Seas and kids

smoothy

For giggles I was running some numbers on doing a cruise on Regent. Their initial price is high, but with free drinks, no tips, free excursions and free airfare (and free/cheap kids rates on some runs) I just may take a shot at it in 2011. I know certain times of years they have a kids club on some of the itineraries, does anyone have any experience with them, especially in regards to the kids program?

Of the four luxury lines, Regent probably attracts the most families, but there won't be nearly as many as you find on the mass market lines. Your best bet would be to post this question on the Regent board. But I do have to inform you to really read the small print for everything as some of what they advertise can be confusing and might not be what you'd expect.

Of the four luxury lines, Regent probably attracts the most families, but there won't be nearly as many as you find on the mass market lines. Your best bet would be to post this question on the Regent board. But I do have to inform you to really read the small print for everything as some of what they advertise can be confusing and might not be what you'd expect.

I was going to post there, but thought I'd try here first as I know the topic of kids on Regent brings out the worst in some people on that board. True that on the fine print, I normally self-book my trips but if we go Regent I'm going to use a travel agent (local one here is recommended by Regent) just to make sure I don't get stung by some little print I missed.

• 2 weeks later...

There really isn't much fine print with Regent. You do get free gratuities, shore excursions, free drinks, air, etc. - it is pretty much all inclusive. Their cabins are large (most are balconies) and are very nice. Don't know much about their kids program but it is true you won't have as many kids on board as a mass market cruise line, but that's kind of it, also. It's not a mass market line and that's a good thing!

Archived